• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hey k(r)eeper: Why isn't Dino head coaching somewhere?

When Gaudio left Aminu was still on our roster as I recall.

Again, please substantiate this.

Here's what we know:

AFA declared for the draft on April 5th (See this link).

Contains the following paragraph:

"This was a difficult decision," Aminu said in a statement. "But after talking it over with my family and my coaches, I believe now is the right time for me to pursue my dream of playing in the NBA."

Coach Dino Gaudio said he did extensive research with NBA executives and believes Aminu is making the right choice. The Norcross, Ga., native is widely projected to be a first-round pick.

"I want to wish Al-Farouq all the best," Gaudio said. "I'm looking forward to following his progress in what will undoubtedly be a successful pro career."

Dino was fired on April 7th, 2010.

It blows my mind that this is still not a "fact."

Regardless, it seems as though Dino and the program were resigned to the fact that AFA was gone prior to Dino being let go.

It was so hard to look up the dates on wikipedia of something I knew was incorrect. Well done to you, sir!

I've heard you suck as much in real life as on here. I've heard you are a lonely man. Is that all true?

Oops didn't see this. Looks like I was wrong, too, but at least not that wrong.

:werd:

It was so hard to look up the dates on wikipedia of something I knew was incorrect. Well done to you, sir!

I've heard you suck as much in real life as on here. I've heard you are a lonely man. Is that all true?

We should stop feeding the troll...

Im offended and plan to turn you in to the mods.....

So it isn't true? Or it is true?

Fair play is equal play, sir.

So it isn't true? Or it is true?

Fair play is equal play, sir.

I can only continue for a few minutes because I have to finish mowing the yard after the football game. Dino was 44-18 his last two years.

Keeper is such an obvious troll. I'm surprised people respond to him anymore.

Keeper is such an obvious troll. I'm surprised people respond to him anymore.

There's no doubt that Keeper sucks, but he got called out - and pretty randomly at that. I mean, it's not like we are in a lull of WFU sports and needed some controversy. In this particular instance, the troll is the OP, and he's damned good at it.

Kanhoji's the only one not allowed to be called out. He gets special protection because he's especially shit

Kanhoji's the only one not allowed to be called out. He gets special protection because he's especially shit

I missed that thread. I wanted to at least read it, but I went elsewhere first. Too slow; dammit.

There's no doubt that Keeper sucks, but he got called out - and pretty randomly at that. I mean, it's not like we are in a lull of WFU sports and needed some controversy. In this particular instance, the troll is the OP, and he's damned good at it.

What does called out mean? If I had it happen to me I didn't know it.

I can only continue for a few minutes because I have to finish mowing the yard after the football game. Dino was 44-18 his last two years.

Unfortunately he was 1-5 in the post season for his Wake career, and most of those five loses were blow-outs, even when we were favored. And his more decent players kept leaving after 2 years.

You jerks don't have to try to make it personal.

I wouldn't have hired Dino to start with, but I understand why they did, and I was a fan. I wouldn't have fired Dino when they did, but I understand why they did. Unbeknownst to us fans, we apparently had little to no institutional control, and we were NCAA bait just waiting to be embarrassed or worse. I'm not sure we're out of the woods yet on that, and yes, Dino as head coach was directly responsible for that, no matter what his win-loss record was.

And I am still a fan. Go Deacs.

You jerks don't have to try to make it personal.

I wouldn't have hired Dino to start with, but I understand why they did, and I was a fan. I wouldn't have fired Dino when they did, but I understand why they did. Unbeknownst to us fans, we apparently had little to no institutional control, and we were NCAA bait just waiting to be embarrassed or worse. I'm not sure we're out of the woods yet on that, and yes, Dino as head coach was directly responsible for that, no matter what his win-loss record was.

And I am still a fan. Go Deacs.

Such as?

Back