• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hey k(r)eeper: Why isn't Dino head coaching somewhere?

Uh, no one said that. I'll be honest, I thought he'd be hired by a bad high major program (ex: Texas Tech) or a decent mid-major program (ex: Dayton), but I never thought he would be hired by one of the stronger high major programs (ex: Maryland).

I think a lot of fans were unreasonably harsh on Dino (ex: RJ's "any mediocre coach could have gotten to the Elite 8 with the talent Dino had in 2009"), but I never thought he was a great coach, and you don't have to be a great coach to get a decent coaching job. I'd wager that most "Dino supporters" held similar lines of thinking.

You're right. I was wrong when I wrote "top program." It doesnt matter, though. My point is the same. Call it what you want, but all the Dino lovers said Dino would be hired in short order because it was so obvious he was a good coach. He wasnt hired last year, and the Dino lovers said he's just taking a year off. After two off seasons of no phone calls for Dino, now it's he loves his gig at ESPNU. Whatever. Guy was not a good head coach. This is evidenced by the fact that pretty much every other AD in Division I apparently agrees. Sorry, I just dont buy that Dino is living it up in complete obscurity at ESPNU. He was a great assistant,though, and any team would be lucky to have him as their number 2.

You're right. I was wrong when I wrote "top program." It doesnt matter, though. My point is the same. Call it what you want, but all the Dino lovers said Dino would be hired in short order because it was so obvious he was a good coach. He wasnt hired last year, and the Dino lovers said he's just taking a year off. After two off seasons of no phone calls for Dino, now it's he loves his gig at ESPNU. Whatever. Guy was not a good head coach. This is evidenced by the fact that pretty much every other AD in Division I apparently agrees. Sorry, I just dont buy that Dino is living it up in complete obscurity at ESPNU. He was a great assistant,though, and any team would be lucky to have him as their number 2.

There's a big difference between being a Dino lover and thinking that he shouldn't be attacked at every opportunity for ridiculous things.

That's fair. I'm actually mad at myself for even getting sucked in to talking about him. We have Bzz now. Not in love with it, but it's clear he'll be our coach for at least the next few years. Let's look forward.

I thought we weren't supposed to call out individual posters.

That's fair. I'm actually mad at myself for even getting sucked in to talking about him. We have Bzz now. Not in love with it, but it's clear he'll be our coach for at least the next few years. Let's look forward.

Agreed.

Yes...at 9:04 in the 2nd half the ref stopped the game because the shot clock started and then stopped...should have been at 31, but stayed at 34...why did it do that keeper?

I noticed this too. How did this occur? Is it possible that a mistake was made by someone?

And be happy about it. You will be. Mark it.

Yes...at 9:04 in the 2nd half the ref stopped the game because the shot clock started and then stopped...should have been at 31, but stayed at 34...why did it do that keeper?

because the game clock had stopped due to an official accidently blowing too hard into his whistle. We have the best shot clock operator in the conference and it is not me.

because the game clock had stopped due to an official accidently blowing too hard into his whistle. We have the best shot clock operator in the conference and it is not me.

Oh ok...thought you kept all the time and scores...guess not.

I thought we weren't supposed to call out individual posters.

It's hardly a callout thread and keeper is a big boy. Sorry if les grossman is the only person who gets my point.

Actually keeper gets my point to; he just chooses to ignore or disagree.

Some of you seem to be hankering for the good old days of scout modship.

Last edited:
Most of the anti Bzzz venom has died down, even if we are looking at another poor season. Do we really need to rehash the pissing contests.

It's hardly a callout thread and keeper is a big boy. Sorry if les grossman is the only person who gets my point.

Actually keeper gets my point to; he just chooses to ignore or disagree.

Some of you seem to be hankering for the good old days of scout modship.

I don't really care if there are callout threads, I'm just wondering why this one stayed up while the kanhoji one that was made around the same time was deleted.

As well as why i would get a pm a couple weeks ago from a mod for saying "he really kanhoji'd that", because even that was too much of a callout.

If anything the weird inconsistency is very scout like

I don't really care if there are callout threads, I'm just wondering why this one stayed up while the kanhoji one that was made around the same time was deleted.

As well as why i would get a pm a couple weeks ago from a mod for saying "he really kanhoji'd that", because even that was too much of a callout.

If anything the weird inconsistency is very scout like

If you are incapable of distinguishing between the two threads, then I really don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

So it sounds like someone made a mistake on the scoring table.

If you are incapable of distinguishing between the two threads, then I really don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

I don't really know the difference either but didn't see the content of the other thread about Kanhoji. That being said, is it acceptable for me to start callout threads as well or will they be deleted?

I don't really know the difference either but didn't see the content of the other thread about Kanhoji. That being said, is it acceptable for me to start callout threads as well or will they be deleted?

It wasn't a call out thread bilbo

The thread's title has a poster's name in the title and is calling for him to answer something which has been talked about ad nauseum, how is that not a callout thread?

Back