• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest Likelihood of Transferring?

Eh... with all the negativity surrounding the basketball program, I'd be nervous to if I were them. Especially the guys who aren't named Rountree, Codi, Travis, CJ, or Devin.

You just named 5 players on the team that would probably find good things said about them on here. So you're kind of proving my point. Which I certainly appreciate! :cheers:

You just named 5 players on the team that would probably find good things said about them on here. So you're kind of proving my point. Which I certainly appreciate! :cheers:

Five Players =/= WFU Basketball Team

I expect Jones to have a career arc like Downey. He's been pressed into service too early and will have a less expansive but still impactful role as an upper classman. Jones is not going ever going to be cut out of the rotation entirely in his career, he brings too much to the table defensively and the fact is he's a better ballhandler than CMM. It will be a real luxury for Mitchell to not have all the pressure of running the offense dumped on him immediately out of high school, I think Chris Paul really benefited from having Downey to lean on at times while he was still developing.

As for the others, I like the players we have on the roster now. We all know that it is difficult for a large class to stay together for four years, but right now I think all these players can bring something positive to the program if used correctly. We just need to dump the coach.

I wish this thread didn't exist, or we at least waited until the end of the season to have it. Nobody would have said CMM last week, but since Madison got more PT than him for the 1st time all year (Iona doesn't count), he gets mentioned. The top candidate now could be totally different than the top candidate 24 hours from now.

While I wish it didn't exist, I don't think it should be locked or deleted. People want to discuss it and a major reason these boards started were so people could discuss what they wanted to about WFU sports.

Dammit. I wasted my pos rep on you too soon, qc.

Good final paragraph. You get it.

If Madison Jones doesn't learn to shoot the jumper by his junior year, he's not going to get more than ten minutes a game.

1)Chase
2)Cav
3)Dre'

Nobody else would have reason to at the end of the season. Except for that fact that we have Bzdicklick as a HC.

Chase should be gone, and a 7 man class NEVER had a chance of staying together. Take your pick. If there is a bigger MORAN than RJ, I have yet to encounter them. Why anyone responds to his idiocy is beyond me.

Now, back to my ignoring WFU sports until this fall.

Can't see any reason anyone but Chase might transfer. No one else has real PT problems. Andre barely plays, but he's a freshman. That's pretty normal.

Definitely a more appropriate thread for the football team

1)Chase
2)Cav
3)Dre'

Nobody else would have reason to at the end of the season. Except for that fact that we have Bzdicklick as a HC.

Why would Dre leave? He wasn't very highly recruited and has a lot of work to do before being a starter, but he has a hell of an opportunity at WFU

Yeah, I don't see Andre leaving. With no big coming in next year's class, there's certainly an opportunity for him to improve his game and get more minutes off the bench. Plus, let's remember Wake offers a great education.

I wouldn't call playing two games well having "the time of their lives." Nobody here knows what they're thinking.

I just don't see how wondering what they're gonna do is "slamming the players." Nobody here is willing to slam them, everyone is better than that.

This is definitely true. However, college is pretty fun.

Back