• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest Likelihood of Transferring?

What's the chance of a seven man class staying together all four years in school? Seriously.

I am enjoying this free discussion regarding Wake athletics.

The thing that is tough about transfer speculation when it comes to freshmen is that many times there is no way to know how a player is going to mature or improve over another three years. One thing that I am hopeful about is that each of the freshmen has some clearly defineable skill or attribute that none of his fellow classmates has. For that reason, it would be preferable for them all to stay--a roster with some skills diversity in it is a good thing.

The problem, of course, comes from the inflexibility in the rest of the roster, both during the time the class is here, and then in recruiting to follow up after their departure. You don't want to structure a college basketball team around monster-sized 7 man classes every four years. There is too much uncertainty there, and you're limiting yourself in recruiting for the other three classes.

I suspect this problem will eventually sort itself out. I have enjoyed watching this class get better over the last few weeks, though.

Of course I hope that none of our freshmen transfer, but if one of our players does transfer, who do you think it will be? Heck, throw Chase into the discussion too. I see him as being the likeliest.

I think it will be all of the season ticket holders transferring if Bzzz Is back next year.

Didn't Nkemdiche's mom see some smack talk about her and her kid on the Clemson message board and that's part of why they aren't even considered anymore?

My main problem with this thread is that it's lazy. People are just pointing out players who are getting the least PT and who you think isn't very good. There are plenty of instances where role player / starters transfer and also where scrubs stay all four years. Without any evidence this is just worthless speculating. These players are young kids who change their mind all the time. Their mindset now may be completely different then it is at the end of the season.

If Madison Jones doesn't learn to shoot the jumper by his junior year, he's not going to get more than ten minutes a game.

This. I don't think CMM is too worried. He has far more developed offensive game than Jones.

Can't see any reason anyone but Chase might transfer. No one else has real PT problems. Andre barely plays, but he's a freshman. That's pretty normal.

And he's 7 ft tall on a team devoid of true big men other than Thomas.

Nothing positive can come from this thread.

all it can do is harm.

Says the guy who has talked shit about Moto from day one, and who whined when Cavanaugh was recruited.

You're a fucking hypocrite and then a complete baby when you get called out on it.

I'm not thrilled with this thread but it's certainly allowed to exist in the same way your 23,000+ examples of why Philly schools needed to work on their reading/writing in the 60s are allowed to exist. You are not the protector of the basketball team, the players will not invite you over for dinner. Stop.

I have no idea who is going to transfer, if any. But our scholarship situation is totally messed up in the long run and we desperately need a couple of transfers to help us even things out , especially since top prospects might actually want to play alongside Mitchell.

A. Buzz will be back next year
B. Unless you are asking about McKie, whose plans have been debated extensively, all the returning scholarship players were recruited by Bzz.

You do know that even the players Buzz recruits leave once they experience "the Buzz"?

You also can't speculate that all 7 will make it 4 years unscathed by the injury bug. In two of the last 3 years we've had injuries that could have resulted in redshirts. TC didn't take his, Green had no choice. Obviously hope it doesn't happen but I'd bet the odds are pretty good it does over three years.

Oh, and when Devin leaves after his Jr. year for the Show, that will solve part of it as well.

Back