• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest Likelihood of Transferring?

We are on the 6 year plan to be a bubble team before we have to completely rebuild our roster with freshmen.

Our scholarship situation is completely screwed up. Are we going to redshirt Green to make it an 8 man class?

Last edited:
We are on the 6 year plan to be a bubble team before we have to completely rebuild our roster with freshmen.

Our scholarship situation is completely screwed up. Are we going to redshirt Green to make it an 8 man class?

Well said.

The easiest thing on this thread to see is who has any idea about how a program works and those who don't. The ones who have insights think this is a dumb/stupid idea.

The whining wannabes want to try to show they "know" something.

The easiest thing on this thread to see is who has any idea about how a program works and those who don't. The ones who have insights think this is a dumb/stupid idea.

LOCK AND DELETE THIS THREAD

Agree. I'm all for discussing it. It's still a pretty fucking stupid thread.

Yes it is. But it has brought much comedic enjoyment as well.

I suppose some folk will do anything within their reach to sabotage Wake athletics.

Shut up, old man. You're talking nonsense again.

Oh, so now you have connections inside the program as well?

I'm starting to think that you sending emails makes you think you actually have some sort of a cordial correspondence with the recipient. That's cool. And weird.

Mainly weird.

Our scholarship situation is completely screwed up and attrition is a part of life so I have no issue discussing. The only issue is that we have very little idea of what qualifies as good attrition and bad attrition at this point. I will admit that Chase leaving is looking a lot more like good attrition and hopefully the coaching staff is getting on him. Redshirting Washington next season makes a lot of sense as a 'band-aid' for the scholarship issue.

Our scholarship situation is completely screwed up and attrition is a part of life so I have no issue discussing. The only issue is that we have very little idea of what qualifies as good attrition and bad attrition at this point. I will admit that Chase leaving is looking a lot more like good attrition and hopefully the coaching staff is getting on him. Redshirting Washington next season makes a lot of sense as a 'band-aid' for the scholarship issue.

Your last two sentences are so wrong (as if there are degrees to "wrongness") that I wonder if I somehow misunderstood them. With regards to Chase, hopefully the staff is coaching him, not getting on him. Then after the season, he and his family will make the best decision for his future. As far a Dre is concerned, putting a shirt on him will not help the scholarship issue, it would just tie one up for an additional year when that very well may not be in the program's best interest.

As much as I hate Cav (and I really hate Cav), I don't necessarily want him to transfer. If he could get more aggressive, stop shooting so much, and get some better footwork (both offensively and defensively) he could be a serviceable player. He'll never be great because he lacks athleticism (and seemingly awareness), but he could turn out to be a role player on a middle of the road team by his junior year.

As much as I hate Cav (and I really hate Cav), I don't necessarily want him to transfer. If he could get more aggressive, stop shooting so much, and get some better footwork (both offensively and defensively) he could be a serviceable player. He'll never be great because he lacks athleticism (and seemingly awareness), but he could turn out to be a role player on a middle of the road team by his junior year.

I kind of disagree here. Cav is undoubtedly being asked to do things that are not fair to expect of him (such as play the backup 5), but no one here is seeing any evidence of being any good at the things he was brought in to do, either (such as be a homeless man's Ryan Kelly). It's hard to tell Cav to not shoot so much when that is what he was supposed to be good at.

I find Baby's between the lines insinuations above fascinating. From my seat much farther away than his, it looks like Chase has a much lower ceiling than Dre and is much closer to reaching it.

RJ SMASH

Back