• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hilton Head Tips?

Bump for any recs for where to stay for a family of four with young kids. Any of the resort communities to avoid? Mostly want something easily walkable to beach and quiet in the evenings

Bump for any recs for where to stay for a family of four with young kids. Any of the resort communities to avoid? Mostly want something easily walkable to beach and quiet in the evenings

We stay at Palmetto Dunes in the condos past the Omni. It’s been a great spot for our family. We don’t have a trip planned there currently for this year but I’m trying to find a time to go.

We VRBOd a house in Palmetto Dunes a couple of years ago. Nice house, had a pool, 5 minute bike to the beach. Not expensive. We had a great time.

Have fun with the yankees.

This has become one of our favorite spots.

Very family friendly in the earlier dining hours.

OOF is an institution and is much better organized now. When I was a kid it was just a stand around and wait for hours

also, just up the street from OOF is Fishcamp which has really great outdoor seating and yard games; really good for kids to just run around. Also has live music going most of the time.

another personal favorite of mine is a 'traditional/red italian' joint called Stellini. been around forever, food is good and not super expensive and is not mobbed with crowds b/c it's an older-style restaurant.

OOF is an institution and is much better organized now. When I was a kid it was just a stand around and wait for hours

also, just up the street from OOF is Fishcamp which has really great outdoor seating and yard games; really good for kids to just run around. Also has live music going most of the time.

We did both the last time we were there for a full week.

It's been a number of years so the traffic pattern may have changed, but I was there for a long weekend and never did quite figure out the inner/outer traffic circle setup. A few times I just went in circles until no other cars were in it, then made my move to get out of the thing..

Back