• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hit and Run on campus

Assuming no prior misdemeanors, the guideline recommends 4-6 months for class h felony (death or serious injury) hit and run. Mitigated is 3-4. Aggravated 6-8.

Yeah I saw that but couldn't remember if the guidelines were mandatory or not. It was a layman's interpretation on my behalf

Yeah I saw that but couldn't remember if the guidelines were mandatory or not. It was a layman's interpretation on my behalf

No, there are community and intermediate punishment available so jailing is not mandatory but I'd suspect at least a suspended sentence in this instance with stringent probation requirements.

It could possibly be a group of high school students. Maybe they were just cutting through campus or visiting someone? I would assume the police considered this...

Is there a crosswalk there?

does it matter? i mean, it's awful when pedestrians get hit by cars. but the issue here isn't that she got hit. it's that she got hit and they didn't stop.

The person probably would have hit and run anyway but I would guess that more guilt/fear of retribution is felt when you hit someone in a crosswalk vs. coming around a corner and someone is in the road.

The person probably would have hit and run anyway but I would guess that more guilt/fear of retribution is felt when you hit someone in a crosswalk vs. coming around a corner and someone is in the road.

i understand what you're saying. i guess i just don't think that being like "well she wasn't in the crosswalk!" is a legitimate excuse for not stopping and making sure she was alright after the accident (i know that's not what you were saying. but it sounded like turfg thought that). it's awful, regardless of who was at fault for the actual collision.

I don't think it matters as far as how this person should be punished for running but may offer some sort of explanation.

WFUPD posted Ms. Brehm's picture from the hospital (it's pretty jarring) on facebook today along with a plea for information.

Last edited:
A one sentence answer that doesn't explain your point of view at all. Like father, like son.

Had the same thought when I read this.

Tried to pos rep you but I must spread some around before I pos rep you again.

WFUPD posted Ms. Brehm's picture from the hospital (it's pretty jarring) on facebook today along with a plea for information.

wow, just saw this. i don't know what i was expecting, but that caught me by surprise.

wow, yeah, that photo is really sad. hopefully the shock value helps someone with information come forward.

Back