• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Holder to Resign

It's a copout....one person says something...others repeat it....it becomes a myth....like the one that I never admit being wrong. Or saying that I say I'm a moderate when that's not what I actually said.....

but it's never the truth, right?

I am not a Dem. In fact if you looked at 2004, I supported Hagel. I have supported people of both parties for most offices. I don't fit into either party. I most closely fit into what would be the Bloomberg/third party in US politics- socially progressive and fiscally moderate.

When was the last time (if ever) you voted for a republican for president?

When was the last time (if ever) you voted for a republican for president?

Not counting that Warmonger, Warden of Guantanamo and trollop of Wall Street, George W. Obama in 2012?

Last edited:
The bully pulpit does exist. POTUS can energize the public and get things done.

Or he can push through wildly unpopular health care overhauls under the premise of it not being a tax, then argue it was a tax, and hope nobody noticed (spoiler alert: they noticed, and it cost him the House).

The congress would not allow it. They were cowards. The POTUS doesn't have the power to unilaterally do that and you know it.

But he has the power to declare a brand new war in Syria without going to Congress? How did G'tmo get here in the first place? Did it grow on a tree? Did it fall from the sky? Wait, neither of those. The President of the United States (said you, about 10,000 times) put it there and the President of the United States can take it away. He can absolutely do so unilaterally (just ask him), but even if you believe your talking points that he can't, he can always go to Congress. Bush went to Congress to go into Iraq (query: did Peace Prize Winner do that before bombing Syria? Did he?) But according to the Clown Prince of Shilladelphia, he can't even be held to his own promise to close Guantanamo? The truth is, he's discovered that a lot of the policies he campaign against (and you menstruated against for eight years) are actually sound, effective, pragmatic approaches to problems that far exceed your intellectual (and emotional) depth. He's actually expanded on the intrusions to civil liberties you were once so passionately against for seven years (to your deafening silence). An unauthorized wiretap on an unindicted American citizen is no match for a laser-guided bomb from a flying robot of death. Remember kids: don't go Full RJ. You never go Full RJ.

When Obama leaves office, will you agree to officiate Dook home basketball games? You are a fountain of reliable homerism. The ACC needs a company man with your commitment to the right outcome, regardless of the facts.

Last edited:
So you voted for Carter (x2), Mondale, and Dukakis? Yeah, you're a moderate all right.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

"I most closely fit into what would be the Bloomberg/third party in US politics- socially progressive and fiscally moderate."

I never said I was fully moderate, but I wouldn't expect you to read and be honest about what I said.

Reagan's economic policies were a total scam. If you read David Stockman's book, you'll see this is true.

It's counter-intuitive to ever believe that in a market driven economy that "trickle down" would ever make sense or be truthful. Market driven economies grow from the bottom up and the middle out and up. Never from the top down.

Anyone who would promote anything like trickle down economics cannot be trusted.

Carter was much better than Ford. Gerry was a truly nice man, but he wasn't a POTUS. Carter did several major things that were positive. He's the only person in the past 65 years to bring a true peace anywhere in the Middle East. I know you will pooh pooh it, but this is a huge event.

He is also very responsible for bringing the military into the computer and high tech age. Carter was handpicked by the father of the nuclear Navy, Admiral Rickover. This was also very important and is still being felt today.

Carter was too idealistic and naive which really hurt him.

The Bush family is directly responsible for many of the problems in the Middle East today. Had Bush 41 and Jim Baker told Ambassador April Gilaspie the truth about his invasion of Kuwait, many of our problems would not exist today.

OBL, al Zawahiri and others repeatedly said the presence of the infidel army in the holy land of Saudi Arabia was a key factor in a range of attacks on the US up to and including 9/11.

Saddam asked Bush what would happen if Iraq invaded Kuwait and was told it was " regional issue". Had he been told the truth, "we'll kick your ass back to Baghdad", that war would not have happened. There would not have been US troops in Saudi Arabia. Even worse, we wouldn't have had women military officers there.

W lied to start a war of choice and destroyed the economy.

rj is a moderate. He just can't get the cross-section of board liberals moderates and conservatives who have read his posts for years to believe it.

I don't know if you are moderate liberal or conservative but I do know that you are without a doubt one of the top 5 most partisan posters on this forum. I am sure you will dispute this (with an insult thrown in) but that is the cold reality.

I don't know if you are moderate liberal or conservative but I do know that you are without a doubt one of the top 5 most partisan posters on this forum. I am sure you will dispute this (with an insult thrown in) but that is the cold reality.

I think it would easier to just make a list of the most moderate posters on the boards. I'm not sure I could come up with 5 for the regular politics board posters. ChrisL comes to mind.

I'm a bold faced commielib.

I think it would easier to just make a list of the most moderate posters on the boards. I'm not sure I could come up with 5 for the regular politics board posters. ChrisL comes to mind.

I'm a bold faced commielib.

What changed your outlook after 2004?

I'll admit the Clinton / Lewinsky witch hunt is what finally pushed me to the left after voting for Dole in '96.

Ike was the best POTUS of my lifetime by a huge margin. The difference between him and those who followed is reminiscent of Secretariat versus the field at the Belmont Stakes.

Ike was the best POTUS of my lifetime by a huge margin. The difference between him and those who followed is reminiscent of Secretariat versus the field at the Belmont Stakes.

I would have gone with Taft.

Ike was president during post war expansion. No lose situation.

But he also supported the integration of the Little Rock schools. I'm not sure Wallace and other Southern govs would have challenged him on civil rights like they did JFK.

He was strongly behind building the interstate highway system and other infrastructure. He understood and acted on how infrastructure improves defense, business and the economy.

Had we paid attention to his "military, industrial complex" speech many future problems would have been avoided and trillions saved.

Everyone since him has had major flaws. Johnson listened to the traitor McNamara's lies about Viet Nam. Clinton insanely got rid of Glass-Steagall. Reagan's economic policies decimated the Truman/Ike growth in the middle class.

Ike was a giant.

Back