• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Home Game VS Utah St

Not sure they're definitely scheduled yet. I would say probably 16 and 17 if we don't play them next year.

Last edited:
Good that we are still playing IN. For some reason I thought that series had been cancelled. I know IN sucks, but we need to be playing power conference teams often.

I think that Tulane game is a return date in a series scheduled about twenty years ago. We played Tulane on the road my freshman year at WF.

There is no upside to playing Utah state. No one gives you cred if you beat them becuase they're not a household name yet they have quietly built a really strong team over the past couple of years. Chuckie keeton can play. Im calling Utah state over Tennessee for the upset on Aug 31.

I was praying for USU to beat Auburn three years ago. They should have won and AU would have fired Chizek on the spot. I can see Wellman washing his hands of the Aggies heading east as long as we have a winning record (1-0) against them.

It really isn't smart to sign 2 for 1 home deals and then just play the road game.

True. We signed this one on short notice I believe after we "agreed" to move the Notre Dame game back a year IIRC

I was praying for USU to beat Auburn three years ago. They should have won and AU would have fired Chizek on the spot. I can see Wellman washing his hands of the Aggies heading east as long as we have a winning record (1-0) against them.

I don't like our odds at all on the road against Utah State. I am pretty sure they are a top 35 team with Chuckie.

I agree 27. It could mean that they come to Winston in '16 and we have 7 home games. Just in time for Clawson to have the program turned around. Wellman couldn't be that clever.

Good that we are still playing IN. For some reason I thought that series had been cancelled. I know IN sucks, but we need to be playing power conference teams often.

Who knows how good they'll be next year, but I think you're underrating Indiana a little bit by saying that they suck like its an automatic win.

Who knows how good they'll be next year, but I think you're underrating Indiana a little bit by saying that they suck like its an automatic win.

Big Ten homer.

Big Ten homer.

heh. They're not gonna win the conference or anything, but if their defense can improve from heinous to just below mediocre than they can put together a decent 6 or 7 win season with that offense (and yes that would include a win over Maryland). That's a fairly big if though. But a lot can happen between now and when they play you guys, most notably possible coaching changes,

Wilson has that program going in the right direction. Like many of the teams we've played over the years (Stanford, Navy, Baylor, Vandy, etc.), the game looked easy when scheduled but won't look that way by the time we finally play them

Last edited:
Indiana scored a ton of points last year (28 or more in 10 of 12 games; 42 or more 6 times, including 44 against Penn State; 47 against Michigan; 52 against Illinois and 56 against Purdue). The problem was that Indiana gave up over 42 points 7 times. They are fun to watch.

If you tuned in for even one minute of IU football last year I hope you root for a B1G school.

If you tuned in for even one minute of IU football last year I hope you root for a B1G school.

I'm a junkie. I want to say that the only BCS schools I didn't watch last year were Colorado, Utah, Kansas, and Purdue

After watching College Football Live. The strength of schedule for the playoffs probably won't effect us. With the F$U and Clemson hurdles to jump over, we'll probably won't have to worry about making the playoffs. So let's take an easier road. A FCS team and non-power 5 schools. Our realistic goal should be a Bowl game, not the playoffs. A win vs OHIO will be better than a lose to The Ohio State U. Strength of schedule be damn.

Last edited:
Back