• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House launches Biden impeachment inquiry

No but you can create a false equivalency by formally “just asking questions” during the election. Of course, they’re hoping they can fish enough to find a stained dress or “her emails.”

No but you can create a false equivalency by formally “just asking questions” during the election. Of course, they’re hoping they can fish enough to find a stained dress or “her emails.”
Yep. This is nothing more than a fishing expedition disguised as an impeachment hearing. They're pretty much doing a hearing in the hopes of finding something - anything - that they can use to justify an impeachment vote and possibly hurt Biden in next year's election. That's all the hearings have mostly been so far, and they have yet to tie anything to President Biden, certainly nothing even close that would justify these impeachment proceedings.

The good news is that the republican leadership will respond to these subpoenas.

Hunter biden is a fuck up and should not hold any position in government! What? Oh....

I don’t understand the end game here for the gop. Biden is damaged politically, and has never recovered from the Afghan withdrawal.

At best (?), Biden is removed or resigns and a better candidate goes to the top of the ticket. At worst, and most likely, the impeachment efforts galvanizes Biden’s support and improves his odds in the general election.

It's the "both sides do it" game. Fire up their base with "see everyone does it, don't feel bad, you're not deplorable, they do all this too, so let's ramp it up" (a little light insurrection for instance).

It's the "both sides do it" game. Fire up their base with "see everyone does it, don't feel bad, you're not deplorable, they do all this too, so let's ramp it up" (a little light insurrection for instance).
That is water that Fox News and OAN can carry though. And I realize you are not defending this stupid play.

I don’t understand the end game here for the gop. Biden is damaged politically, and has never recovered from the Afghan withdrawal.

At best (?), Biden is removed or resigns and a better candidate goes to the top of the ticket. At worst, and most likely, the impeachment efforts galvanizes Biden’s support and improves his odds in the general election.
It levels the playing field when once impeached Biden is running against twice impeached Trump. That’s it. They don’t care if he did anything wrong and the actually don’t want to remove him from office because then we’d have a black lady President.

That’s their problem. The Dems do not have a better candidate. Harris can’t even read from the teleprompter and when asked a serious question laughs like a hyena. Newsome has Cali hanging over his head with all the crime and homelessnes, plus businesses and people leaving left and right. His answer is to tax more and let everybody out of jail.

That’s their problem. The Dems do not have a better candidate. Harris can’t even read from the teleprompter and when asked a serious question laughs like a hyena. Newsome has Cali hanging over his head with all the crime and homelessnes, plus businesses and people leaving left and right. His answer is to tax more and let everybody out of jail.
The Dems actually have a very deep bench.

There aren't one or two obvious "next star" people on it right now. Lots of "could be's" and maybe's.
Josh Shapiro and Gretchen Whitmer are both strong options for 2028. Also could see Warnock making a run and Newsom obviously will too although I have my doubts about his nationwide appeal.

All-stars

231204-republican-primary-debate-se-552p-5780c9.jpg

Nikki Haley leads Biden by a ton in the polls. She is a very strong and capable leader.
what's she gonna lead? she ain't winning the primary and ain't getting a job in a potential second Trump administration

Back