• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House launches Biden impeachment inquiry

This. She isn't as viscerally repulsive as DeSantis should Trump end up incarcerated.
I just don't see the path. She would have to 1) beat trump in the primary 2) win the primary in such a way that she gets fervent trump supporters to show up and vote for her

I just don't see the path. She would have to 1) beat trump in the primary 2) win the primary in such a way that she gets fervent trump supporters to show up and vote for her
Here only hope, and it is SLIM, is that she over performs bigly in Iowa and New Hampshire voters just decide to do what they do - reject Iowa - and she somehow eeks out a victory.

Here only hope, and it is SLIM, is that she over performs bigly in Iowa and New Hampshire voters just decide to do what they do - reject Iowa - and she somehow eeks out a victory.
Right, but there's no way she does that without trump coming out petty as a mother fucker and muddying her up too much for the vote totals needed to win in the general.

Could happen. If one thing motivates Trump-era Republicans, it is humiliating the libs, and if someone decides the best way to do it is a debate, Haley is the best choice. Still, they might prefer Biden lose to a guy under indictment.
Right, but there's no way she does that without trump coming out petty as a mother fucker and muddying her up too much for the vote totals needed to win in the general.
Not just that, but crying fraud and convincing his supporters that her win is illegetimate.

The only thing Trump supporters might love as much as Cheeto Jesus is hating democrats.

Any candidate is a threat when they have built in support.

The only thing Trump supporters might love as much as Cheeto Jesus is hating democrats.

Any candidate is a threat when they have built in support.
You are woefully underestimating the support for trump from some really shitty people that aren't getting behind a brown woman candidate.

One of Haley’s big issues is this, note how everyone else gets one name

You are woefully underestimating the support for trump from some really shitty people that aren't getting behind a brown woman candidate.

They'd rather have their brown woman in line than the chance Kamala ends up president.

Haley has no chance. She may be second in terms of first choice but she’s a distance third in terms of first or second choice. If Trump falls off or drops out, DeSantis wins or it’s some late candidate Trump endorsed.

The idea of a Donald Trump presidency with Tucker Carlson as VP in 2024 is honestly such an insanely stupid idea that I'm scared of it happening now
You should be - I'd say there's about a 30% chance of it happening.

So he’s a liberal, progressive independent who sides with the Democrats on the majority of issues? Or is “John” Stewart someone else?

I think Vivek is the only one in the field who is shooting for/has a chance to be Trump's VP. He's the one crazy enough to help with the next insurrection, he's trying to hurt the next most viable candidate (Haley), and his main contrast to Trump is that he is a "younger voice", which he could plausibly do as VP. Haley and Desantis want the nomination if Trump falls, and Christie is basically running to promote his next book at this point.

Back