• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long a tenure should Steve Forbes be given to make the NCAAs?

How long should Steve Forbes have to make the NCAA tournamnet before a coaching change?

• Total voters
1000000000000000000000000000000000000% and this goes back to e. it depends

need context in all things
and he lost 14 games in his "pinnacle" season

plus i don't give a shit, the first four is not making the tournament. it's essentially a play in game.

forbes is in year two. i don't discredit any coach for the covid year. hell even coach K went 13-11 that year. it was a cluster fuck and forbes came in late and clearly inherited a dumpster fire.
25-10 year one
18-12 so far in year two

do you know how many times wake has won 25 or more games in a season (ever)?
5. holy shit that's awful. didn't realize until i looked. odom did it twice and prosser twice. forbes the other.
yeah, let's fire him after this season. :rolleyes:
Only one person in the poll said Forbes should be fired after this season.

Odom and Prosser faced stronger conference schedules, and better out-of-conference teams.

plus i don't give a shit, the first four is not making the tournament. it's essentially a play in game.

Hey WFF, how far did you have WF going in your bracket?

Oh what's that? They weren't even in the bracket? Oh yeah.

So you thought:

ManMan would be an NBA prospect coming into Wake from Oklahoma with a cool 6.7ppg and 2.8rpg in his SR year?
Jake clearly was an NBA prospect coming from little Indiana St with a 12.3ppg and 6.3rpg as a Soph?

get over yourself...
Can you read? When did I say they would be an NBA prospect coming from Indy St/OU? I clearly said they needed a chance.

get over yourself...

It's not "essentially a play in game". It is completely a play-in game. When you have 4 teams playing to be the #11 and #16 seeds, that is a play-in. They aren't in the actual tourney but are given one last chance to play their way into the tourney. And Manning even failed at that.

1. I voted for 5 years.

2. Re: NIL, which HS prospects have we recruited but lost to other programs arguably due to NIL benefits? Serious question.

I think NJDeac22 has suggested that we lost both Jamari McDowell and Davin Cosby to schools who ponied up, but they committed to Kansas and Alabama respectively, which also seems like it might just be a normal understandable preference.

1. I voted for 5 years.

2. Re: NIL, which HS prospects have we recruited but lost to other programs arguably due to NIL benefits? Serious question.
The ones that WF was closest to closing, but lost to an NIL money bag at the last moment:

Freddie Dillone to Tennessee (#41 in class of 22; enrolled at TN this January)
Aden Holloway to Auburn (#27 in class of 22)
Jamari McDowell to KS (#99 in class of 23)

Others:
George Washington III to Michigan (#83 class of 23)
Mouhamed Diobate to Bama (#106 class of 23)
Ladji Dembele to Iowa (#154 class of 23)
JP Estrella to Iowa (#46 class of 23)
Desmond Claude to Xavier (#86 class of 22)
Davin Cosby to Bama (#101 class of 22)

The Manning tournament team finished 36 in kenpom. Last year we finished 35 in kenpom. I do not think that will be the peak for Forbes, but I have been wrong before.

The ones that WF was closest to closing, but lost to an NIL money bag at the last moment:

Others:
Thanks, didn’t realize it was that many. Wonder how much they got and how far off our offer was (if we offered anything at all).

Then missed it a year or two and began consistently making it. Just saying all situations are not equal nor black and white.
Hard to compare any of that now because of the transfer portal which wasn’t around for Bennett. Now a new coach can get healthy in a year or two. Forbes got the ACC POY, 1st round draft choice, a very quality big man and quite a few others last season, from the portal, and made a 19 game turnaround. Look at Pitt and State this season.

I’m Team “as long as we’re progressing,” he stays. That said, this is the same fanbase (like literally the exact same people, including me, bc we haven’t exactly added to the group), who were all in on replacing Odom after an NCAA appearance and Dino after winning an NCAA first round game. Not to mention that’s when the ACC was actually the gold standard. I like Forbes but our expectations have been adjusted to the extreme.

I’m Team “as long as we’re progressing,” he stays. That said, this is the same fanbase (like literally the exact same people, including me, bc we haven’t exactly added to the group), who were all in on replacing Odom after an NCAA appearance and Dino after winning an NCAA first round game. Not to mention that’s when the ACC was actually the gold standard. I like Forbes but our expectations have been adjusted to the extreme.
Yeah. I’m not as impressed by win totals in the current day and age when everyone thinks the ACC blows.

Others:

It’s hard to imagine we don’t get Dillione, McDowell, and Dioubate without NIL. Holloway and Cosby would have still been toss ups, imo, but we would have definitely been more competitive with a more level playing field.

ETA: Estrella went to Tennessee, I thought. They buy all their guys.

Iowa recruited Dembele really well so I’m gonna say that NIL didn’t matter a ton there.

Back