• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Long Will the Shutdown Last?

How Long Will the Current Government Shutdown Last?

• Total voters
Well, the Pubs "give up" not funding the government. The one they say is evil/bad/too big...they allow that dark creature to continue to exist. That's what they give up.

trolling=being a douchebag- it's only purpose is to create problems or fights.

I voted Republican for 20 years (from 1980 until 2000), beatrix.....including GOP candidates for House, Senate, Governor...and four times for president. I'm still amazed that I am constantly held up as an example of a "blind partisan".....by people who, in many cases, have only voted for one party in House, Senate, Governor & President elections in their entire life.

I voted for Gantt over Helms.. does that count?

trolling=being a douchebag- it's only purpose is to create problems or fights.

I acknowledged that. But it was in service of a higher purpose - to defend the right of the idiot TPers to be idiots.. 'cause that's how the system is set up.

In my trolling posture, I heard it as I was parroting Wrangor, as opposed to thinking for myself. Apologies if I misinterpreted.

"Parroting Wrangor" is one of the highest compliments you can receive. You should be honored.

Without rehashing hundreds of posts, there's never been a situation like this either. Further, I might argue Roberts didn't confirm the law so much as he pitched it back to the electorate. It may take a while, but the electorate will eventually settle either for or against the law. We're in a transition period... so the politics are most entertaining, no?

How about let's let the electorate settle then? If enough Americans want it gone, then the Pubs will win the House, Senate, and the White House.

I have no love for what the GOP did hear but Obama having a press conference to call them names and demonstrate that ACA is still moving forward and how great it is really doesn't seem like the best way to resolve this.

How about let's let the electorate settle then? If enough Americans want it gone, then the Pubs will win the House, Senate, and the White House.

Right-o. That's what we're watching unfold. Good stuff.

I have no love for what the GOP did hear but Obama having a press conference to call them names and demonstrate that ACA is still moving forward and how great it is really doesn't seem like the best way to resolve this.

He's just dancing on their graves. It's kind of funny. Obama can't do anything anyways so he's just side commentary.

The GOP is now picking things they want to fund in the House to send to the Senate on a piecemeal approach. This will be an interesting exercise.

Right-o. That's what we're watching unfold. Good stuff.

This was not "pitched back to the people" it was left for the statutory language to take over because the bill was upheld by the SCOTUS. We're not watching anything unfold right now, it's all unfolded. What is so hard to understand about the bill has already been turned into binding law do you not understand? Would you be fine with things if Congress just decided to not fund everything they disagreed with? It's completely anarchy. It's against the American rule of law in every single way.

Not at all. There have been 2 elections. The Pubs got the House and nothing else yet the House Pubs think they are the only ones that won something.

See.. I'm not clear that stance is taking the long term view of things. Given the ACA isn't even fully implemented yet, I'm not sure you can glean any intelligence from the electorate's decisions at this point.

See.. I'm not clear that stance is taking the long term view of things. Given the ACA isn't even fully implemented yet, I'm not sure you can glean any intelligence from the electorate's decisions at this point.

It's gonna be tough for the electorate to opine on the ACA if it's delayed forever like the GOP wants. They wanna have their cake and eat it too.

Sit back, let the ACA be fully implemented, and wait until the next election.

They tried to close the WWII memorial. Visiting WWII veterans distracted the security while others knocked down the barricades and went in anyway. I love it. These guys attacked Omaha beach and the government thought a few plastic fences would stop them.

It's gonna be tough for the electorate to opine on the ACA if it's delayed forever like the GOP wants. They wanna have their cake and eat it too.

It's a process. Your side opened some cracks that some extremists on my side are rushing to wedge open. But no worries.. if it's a good thing that everybody likes, you've got nothing to worry about. The TPer's causing trouble will get smacked back to Hayseed, Ga and we'll move forward.

Sit back, let the ACA be fully implemented, and wait until the next election.

That would be my counsel, too.... modified only slightly to say wait until the next several elections.

It's a process. Your side opened some cracks that some extremists on my side are rushing to wedge open. But no worries.. if it's a good thing that everybody likes, you've got nothing to worry about. The TPer's causing trouble will get smacked back to Hayseed, Ga and we'll move forward.

The only "side" I have is anti-idiocy. I voted for McCain in 2008 and then Obama in 2012. I don't have any agenda. Nobody can see if the ACA works until it's implemented with good faith from all sides. You can't undermine it and cut off funding then later claim it failed. The GOP is acting like a group of petulant children and you damn well know it.

Fox News is hilarious. Trying to push the term "slimdown." It's almost a parody site at this point.

Back