• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Long Will the Shutdown Last?

How Long Will the Current Government Shutdown Last?

• Total voters
Fox News is hilarious. Trying to push the term "slimdown." It's almost a parody site at this point.

Equally as hilarious when the House GOP is trying to refund certain things at the same time. They will then say the GOP saved certain areas of federal employees when Obama and the Dems "refused to negotiate"

It's gotta be mighty slim for the people who suddenly don't have a place to work. They're really slimming down Army's football schedule.

There is really nothing to do but laugh at this whole situation. As I've said many times on here, the chickens have come home to roost. We elected a fucking moron as president and then followed it up with retaliatory votes for equally moronic congressmen. Our shit-for-brains populace deserves whatever disasters and national demise we have brought upon ourselves at this point.

NASA is celebrating its 55th anniversary today with 97% of its employees on furlough.

There is really nothing to do but laugh at this whole situation. As I've said many times on here, the chickens have come home to roost. We elected a fucking moron as president and then followed it up with retaliatory votes for equally moronic congressmen. Our shit-for-brains populace deserves whatever disasters and national demise we have brought upon ourselves at this point.

can't really argue with this. We really are a bunch of fucking assholes. We pat ourselves on the back for our awesome democracy and we can't handle it.

I don't really see how this has anything to do with Obama and even those who dislike Obama pretty heavily wouldn't say that he's a "fucking moron"

Obama can't do anything about the spending and the budget. That's the beauty of the people whining about things right now that don't want to blame Republicans. They can blame Reid and the Senate if they choose, but most people I see out there complaining about Dems are complaining about Obama. OBAMA CAN'T DO ANYTHING. The prevailing sentiment is "lead Obama, that's what you were elected to do," but I think Obama's doing the right thing: excoriating the Republicans for being complete "fucking morons" in trying to re-debate and re-litigate Obamacare. The Republicans lost that battle. That battle is finished. Obama won. He passed it. This is over. Finished. Complete. Jon Stewart said it write, Ben Stein said it right, hell even Obama who can't lead his way out of a paper bag said it right: you fucking lost get the fuck over it Republicans.

Anybody who remotely defends the tactics of the GOP cannot possibly be intelligent can they? They can't be.

Democrats have done plenty of dumb shit in the past and deserve to be called out for it, but this is not one of the dumb things they've done. Disagreeing with the ACA is mutually exclusive with agreeing with GOP tactics in my opinion. I don't think the ACA is great, but I'm not going to fail to pass a budget to try to defund it when it's been ruled constitutional and the Congress has passed it. The pro-lifers have been going about abortion all wrong, they should have just not passed a budget until the pro-choicers backed off. Same with DOMA....the Tea Party should just bring the government to a stand still until they get what they want. That's what "democracy" is all about right?!

Last edited:

It really suck that this "moron" led us from losing 700,000+ jobs/month and growing to gaining over 100,000 jobs per month. the GDP was -8.9% the quarter before he came into office, it's growing at 2%+(not enough buy still 11% better that what he inherited).

The NYSE is up about 70% from when he took office (100% form the lowest point) versus DOWN over the previous eight years.

We're out of one war and about to end another.

Yep a moron really could do that.

I don't really see how this has anything to do with Obama and even those who dislike Obama pretty heavily wouldn't say that he's a "fucking moron"

Obama can't do anything about the spending and the budget. That's the beauty of the people whining about things right now that don't want to blame Republicans. They can blame Reid and the Senate if they choose, but most people I see out there complaining about Dems are complaining about Obama. OBAMA CAN'T DO ANYTHING. The prevailing sentiment is "lead Obama, that's what you were elected to do," but I think Obama's doing the right thing: excoriating the Republicans for being complete "fucking morons" in trying to re-debate and re-litigate Obamacare. The Republicans lost that battle. That battle is finished. Obama won. He passed it. This is over. Finished. Complete. Jon Stewart said it write, Ben Stein said it right, hell even Obama who can't lead his way out of a paper bag said it right: you fucking lost get the fuck over it Republicans.

Anybody who remotely defends the tactics of the GOP cannot possibly be intelligent can they? They can't be.

Democrats have done plenty of dumb shit in the past and deserve to be called out for it, but this is not one of the dumb things they've done. Disagreeing with the ACA is mutually exclusive with agreeing with GOP tactics in my opinion. I don't think the ACA is great, but I'm not going to fail to pass a budget to try to defund it when it's been ruled constitutional and the Congress has passed it. The pro-lifers have been going about abortion all wrong, they should have just not passed a budget until the pro-choicers backed off. Same with DOMA....the Tea Party should just bring the government to a stand still until they get what they want. That's what "democracy" is all about right?!

You miss the point. It's not about what Obama could do right now, I agree he can't do anything. But he (and Bush, if you are bkf) is why we are in this mess. Here is the pertinent timeline:

Country hates Bush. Country elects Obama out of spite for Iraq/Afghan, even though in a normal election cycle he would be woefully unqualified and not taken seriously. But he is elected simply because he is the anti-Bush in all respects. Obama, as one would expect from a moron, rams through a moronic health care overhaul with inexplicable urgency that the Country hates. As a result of said moronic health care overhaul, Country elects moronic polar opposites to Congress. Moronic Congressmen are now trying to blow up the moronic health care overhaul by submarining the federal government, to the dismay of the moronic president. It is like watching the two dumbest kids in class arguing about the correct answer when neither one is right. None of them should be in this position. And, we deserve it because we elected the entire lot of them. We elected shit and we are getting a shit sandwich. It is to be expected, despite our sense of national invincibility.

Hey it's not like Obama didn't run on the fact that he was gonna push through huge insurance overhauls. I do agree with your point that the voters are to blame. I think it's laughable to compare Obama with Bush though as far as intellect.

Stupid is as stupid does. So far Obama has not disproven that.

ETA: that applies to the Republicans in Congress as well, to be fair.

Hey it's not like Obama didn't run on the fact that he was gonna push through huge insurance overhauls. I do agree with your point that the voters are to blame. I think it's laughable to compare Obama with Bush though as far as intellect.

He did say that it wasn't the supreme courts job to overturn legislation passed by congress.

And he taught Con Law.

I sent an email to Virginia Foxx (my congressperson) outlining some of my thoughts on the subjects at hand.

Oh well.

If given the opportunity, I think I would punch most GOP representatives in the face right now.*

*Ovaries if female**.

**Donkey punch if Bachmann.

Back