• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Much Do We Have to Beat "Toothpaste" By...

Yes the game is at the Joel. I can't ever imagine a situation other than tournament play where we would play Colgate any place other than Winston.

In fairness, we did play at Bucknell in 06.

We played Bucknell at Bucknell because Prosser's son was on staff.

I think playing on the road against in-state opponents is also slightly different since most of those deals are either 3 for 1 deals where we can get a discount on the price we pay, or 2-1-1 deals (neutral site, road game, two home games) which again can help lower the costs.

I think playing on the road against in-state opponents is also slightly different since most of those deals are either 3 for 1 deals where we can get a discount on the price we pay, or 2-1-1 deals (neutral site, road game, two home games) which again can help lower the costs.

these teams are going to start asking us for the 2for1s. rightfully so.

Doubtful since the deals are in large part rooted to Wake's status as an ACC team. Other bottom feeder SEC and ACC schools get the same deals all the time.

Bucknell was pretty damn good then, too.

Anyone who got the free tickets for deacon club want to sell one? I'm planning on coming up from Charlotte since the lady is out of town.

Sometimes playing one of the "cupcakes" as an away game is done in a venue that isn't truly their home venue, but rather a place that is going to host an NCAA round. I think Wake played "at" High Point in the Greensboro Coliseum a few years back so the team would have at least one game on a floor used for NCAA games.

Anyone who got the free tickets for deacon club want to sell one? I'm planning on coming up from Charlotte since the lady is out of town.

Anyone who sells you a ticket should be arrested for fraud!

Seriously, I would simply stand outside a few mins before the game and you'll most likely get a free ticket from someone wanting you to share their misery. Otherwise, if you pay more than $1.99, you've WAY overpaid.

Anyone who sells you a ticket should be arrested for fraud!

Seriously, I would simply stand outside a few mins before the game and you'll most likely get a free ticket from someone wanting you to share their misery. Otherwise, if you pay more than $1.99, you've WAY overpaid.

Thanks for the tip, man. Haven't been to a ball game since 2007 so I was just remembering the days when going to the games was the thing to do haha.

Thanks for the tip, man. Haven't been to a ball game since 2007 so I was just remembering the days when going to the games was the thing to do haha.

Even then tickets were easy and often free. At this point, they are nearly paying people to attend.

I know that we'll most likely win by at least +15, but can you imagine what a clusterfuck of a season we would start off on if we lost? It would be Stetson all over again.

I know that we'll most likely win by at least +15, but can you imagine what a clusterfuck of a season we would start off on if we lost? It would be Stetson all over again.

... or Presbyterian or William & Mary or Iona or Nebraska or ...

Sometimes playing one of the "cupcakes" as an away game is done in a venue that isn't truly their home venue, but rather a place that is going to host an NCAA round. I think Wake played "at" High Point in the Greensboro Coliseum a few years back so the team would have at least one game on a floor used for NCAA games.

Makes sense. This game was probably scheduled in the hopes that we exceed expectations and get to host a CIT game.

Makes sense. This game was probably scheduled in the hopes that we exceed expectations and get to host a CIT game.

Yeah. I think that happens if we get a winning record so Wellman can hype up postseason play.

Even then tickets were easy and often free. At this point, they are nearly paying people to attend.

I remember being a freshman and sophomore in the CP3 days and the house seemed full even on the exhibition game. I remember the student section being full at least. Were they giving away free tix to non students at that time, Racer?

If Wake loses any of the first five games, [Redacted] should be fired on the spot. I'm serious. These five teams are horrible.

I remember being a freshman and sophomore in the CP3 days and the house seemed full even on the exhibition game. I remember the student section being full at least. Were they giving away free tix to non students at that time, Racer?

Was the AD giving away tickets? No. But could you stand outside the Gold Lot entrance and get a $0-$10 ticket into the game as long as you were wearing Deacon gear? Sure. I think I got handed extras for free more than I paid for tickets when I would come up for games in Winston. Even in the best of years, due to the size of the Joel relative to our fan base, tickets have never been what I would call tough or expensive. The house was full, but it still wasn't a really tough ticket. We're not alone in that...even wearing Wake gear to a game between top 25 teams, I've only paid more than $10 for a seat in the Dean Dome once. Noted, my data is old because I haven't been to a Wake game anywhere since Buzz was hired. And getting a free ticket from a DC member in the gold lot for a Wednesday night conference game is nothing like the AD handing out thousands of free tickets for CP3 night.

Back