• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much do you tip your barber?

$16 is the perfect number for them since it basically guarantees them at least a $4 tip

This is the problem with a place I've been to recently. Local shop, friendly guys, but the cuts are $18. That's no man's land!

eta: It's also cash-only with is a pain in my ass. I hate cash.

So you've been stiffing some poor bastard for 40 years? Rad.

Shop has been in same location since 1916. Started by my barber's father.
Tipping ain't the custom there.

I got a great clips and usually tip 3 bucks on a 8 to $13 haircut.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

My kid is in hair school. Haircut prices rise as she progresses in the program. Her tips so far have been a) reminder of how much money I pay for her cell phone. b)how much it cost to build a dog pen for her monsters and what they have done to my backyard. c)the wonderful job I did teaching her how to play lacrosse and what equipment cost. d)showed her the car insurance bill.

I still end up giving her some cash for lunch. Damn, I am a sucker.

tvcigar

TIL I'm really fucking cheap. But at least I've been giving the guy business every four weeks for the past 16 years.

In DC I think I paid $7 on $18
Wilmington, NC $5 on $22 (just because I went to the most convenient place to my apt and it was kind of upscale for the area)
San Francisco.... $10 on $45. Lot of hipster barbershops in my hood that all charge around $40-45, and the one time I went to the great clips near my office I got the worst haircut of my life. They do a great job for the money though.

I tip like 25-30% because he's a good bro and I like him. Haircut usually takes 45mins-1 hour, and we're talking about life the whole time. I can't tell if we're legitimately friends or if he's faking it because I'm a "client," but whatever, I enjoy the hour every time.

$10 on a $25 cut. That buys me the ability to get in the schedule on short notice and she also gives me a Christmas gift at my December haircut.

I've had two haircuts in 4 years. I think I'm about to go again soon; assuming the cut is $30-40, I'll probably tip $10.

$6 on $14. Korean guy named Jon (I'm sure not his real name). Been going to him once a month for 6 years. Clippers + scissors + straight razor on neck and around ears with heated shaving cream + hot towel + quick shoulder message and he doesn't talk much. It's a tremendous bargain and I'll be devastated when he moves on and I can't find him.

$10 on a $25 cut. That buys me the ability to get in the schedule on short notice and she also gives me a Christmas gift at my December haircut.

This post reminded me that I typically give an additional $25 if I get my haircut in December.

Back