• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much does Duke suck? Less than us apparently...

One of my best friends grew up in Durham. Went to Liberty. He's a Duke Basketball fan, Florida State Football fan (because of Deion Sanders), Chicago Cubs fan (because they were only team on when he got home from school), and Chicago bears (no idea). The Cubs, Noles and Duke Bball was quite convenient the last 3 years.

Cubs fans are the worst.

images

LOL not really. Not in football. Must people just tailgated and went home in the 1990's, or never even went to the stadium. I can remember one late season Maryland game where there were MAYBE 600 people in the stands. Maybe Clawson will be a lifer at Wake and build a true football fan culture. One can dream.

I think most of us on this board too. Every team has those fans, but I think we've got a lot of real fans. Personally I've been through 14 years between bowls games, the Caldwell era, the end of the Grobe era and the first 2 years of Clawson's, the Bob Staak era which included a 0'fer ACC season, and of course this latest era of unwiped ass in basketball. Through it all, I've never said, "well I just have time for football or basketball season this year," or " I'm taking this season off." Both of which I heard repeatedly from Tarheel fans during their 8-20 basketball season before Roy Boy got there.

A lot of our football games over the past 50 years haven’t been worth watching.

I think most of us on this board too. Every team has those fans, but I think we've got a lot of real fans. Personally I've been through 14 years between bowls games, the Caldwell era, the end of the Grobe era and the first 2 years of Clawson's, the Bob Staak era which included a 0'fer ACC season, and of course this latest era of unwiped ass in basketball. Through it all, I've never said, "well I just have time for football or basketball season this year," or " I'm taking this season off." Both of which I heard repeatedly from Tarheel fans during their 8-20 basketball season before Roy Boy got there.

Yeah, my version of "quitting" on Wake sports is not paying $30 for flohoops.com for a weekend of shitty basketball games, and then only listening to Friday night's loss to Drake on the radio because I had other things to do Saturday/Sunday afternoon and needed some time away from the frustration for the well-being of my wife and kids.

"Mommy... Why has daddy been in such a bad mood the last couple of weeks?"

"Well honey, it's Danny Manning's fault and I hope he can figure some things out soon so that we can all have a nice Christmas."

Yeah, my version of "quitting" on Wake sports is not paying $30 for flohoops.com for a weekend of shitty basketball games, and then only listening to Friday night's loss to Drake on the radio because I had other things to do Saturday/Sunday afternoon and needed some time away from the frustration for the well-being of my wife and kids.

"Mommy... Why has daddy been in such a bad mood the last couple of weeks?"

"Well honey, it's Danny Manning's fault and I hope he can figure some things out soon so that we can all have a nice Christmas."

Yeah, and you can chalk that up to supporting Stan and the Dinger on radio. I listened to the Drake game, the Quinnipiac game and kept up with the Houston game on the phone while visiting my in-laws. Sometimes Wake is like that girlfriend that treats you like crap, but you can't leave.

I might have to wait till 12:30 to find out about the Duke football team, but I already know how I feel about Duke.

Current spread is WFU -12, with an o/u of 58.

Haven't seen it move much, but it looks like more folks are on Duke here (60%ish)... Will have better data on that on Saturday morning.

No chance I can back the Deacs giving double digits to another ACC team, but I am comforted by the fact that Wake is 8-2-1 ATS this year (2nd in all of college football, behind only Iowa St at 9-1-1).

Just pointing all of this out to say that I think the public perception is that this should be a relatively close game. I hope we fucking roll them.

I usually don't mess with the o/u, but I actually like the under. I think we get ours, but I think our defense has a big day.

I usually don't mess with the o/u, but I actually like the under. I think we get ours, but I think our defense has a big day.

I like the under as well. Duke's defense has actually played reasonably well this year, and until last week's offensive explosion against GT, the Duke offense has been very limited. Also, got to think Bates will be close to 100%. WF's defense has performed markedly better when Bates is in the lineup.

I like the over because we are going to score 50 on them.

Also Duke has two starters out with one of its best safeties (backup is a freshman), and one of its better linebackers is highly questionable. The safety being out sounds like a Bates type impact, so that can't be good for them going up against Wolford and the offense as hot as it is right now.

I have a buddy who attended none but roots for Duke bball, VT football and UVA baseball, he has discriminating taste.

To quote an old friend of mine:

"We will crush them like a peanut"

I don't know either, but he sounded very convincing when he said it.

Will this game be on TV in Florida?

Injury report comes out on Thursdays. I’m guessing he will suit up.

I'm confused about this because I thought Clawson said that about Thursday during his press conference but BSD has the depth chart up and said it came out yesterday. Don't recall Clawson being asked about Ejiofor during the press conference, which was surprising.

Back