• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much does Duke suck? Less than us apparently...

We need to be ready, the Bleacher Report says this :

Wake Forest has had a lot of trouble slowing down opposing rushing attacks, allowing at least 175 yards in six straight games. And Duke's offense finally came out of hibernation this past weekend with 319 rushing yards in a 43-20 win over Georgia Tech. Meanwhile, Wake Forest's offense came back to Earth last week after three straight games with at least 587 total yards, and Duke hasn't given up more than 31 in a game all season. The Blue Devils become bowl-eligible in possibly the biggest upset of the week.

Prediction: Duke 32, Wake Forest 27

Wake Forest has had a lot of trouble slowing down opposing rushing attacks, allowing at least 175 yards in six straight games. And Duke's offense finally came out of hibernation this past weekend with 319 rushing yards in a 43-20 win over Georgia Tech. Meanwhile, Wake Forest's offense came back to Earth last week after three straight games with at least 587 total yards, and Duke hasn't given up more than 31 in a game all season. The Blue Devils become bowl-eligible in possibly the biggest upset of the week.

A lot concerns me about Duke, but those 6 games would have been a tough stretch for any defense. Those 6 games consisted of 4 road games against Clemson, GT, ND and Syracuse and 2 home games against UL and State, so I'm not really concerned about giving up that kind of yardage against, for the most part, really good offenses. Hell, Duke just gave up over 275 yards on the ground during that blowout and GT didn't score after halftime.

ETA: and our "offense came back to earth" and still produced over 330 yards and 30 points in around 18 minutes of possession. Time of possession concerns me but it's not like we had trouble moving the ball all game against a very good State defense.

Last edited:
So our offense didn't blow our a top 20 team, I wouldn't take that as a sign our offense is off, more likely we were playing a team playing for a higher level bowl game.

Being a Wake fan, I of course fear all the crappy teams in the world (see Clev State etc), but what has dook don't this year? They've won 5 game, Northwestern being the highlight and next best GT. A wins over UNC (3-8) and Baylor (1-10) just says they are not a bottom feeder. In their 6 game losing streak they scored move than 20 once (21).

Dook motivated to get 6 wins? Well, ok. I'd think Wake getting to 8 wins and a shot at a good bowl game would be a big motivator for us. How many Wake teams have won 8 games?

Clawson said on his radio show that Wake will be up for dook on Saturday with no emotional let down following last week's big win.

Hope Ejiofor is good to go. He had a huge breakout game last year at Duke.

Bring it on Duke. I'm pretty sure we can handle it.

Wake D line carried the team till the O line got going.
Remember the tackles for loss against Fla St.

Deacs win in a blowout

It was nice to get wins over Moe Neal and Nyheim Hines. Those were two high profile recruiting losses.

A lot concerns me about Duke, but those 6 games would have been a tough stretch for any defense. Those 6 games consisted of 4 road games against Clemson, GT, ND and Syracuse and 2 home games against UL and State, so I'm not really concerned about giving up that kind of yardage against, for the most part, really good offenses. Hell, Duke just gave up over 275 yards on the ground during that blowout and GT didn't score after halftime.

ETA: and our "offense came back to earth" and still produced over 330 yards and 30 points in around 18 minutes of possession. Time of possession concerns me but it's not like we had trouble moving the ball all game against a very good State defense.

People keep mentioning TOP. When Oregon’s offense was rolling they would score a ton while routinely losing TOP. One of their coaches was asked about TOP, he said that TOP was not of their top 20 stats that they considered about being a successful team.

In other words, I wouldn’t worry about TOP when we are scoring a ton of points.

State fans don't believe he should be playing RB though. Don't think he's stout enough.

He sure looks stout enough. But when he was being recruited I was under the impression it was as a slot receiver who would occasionally play out of the backfield.

Also, if durability was a concern, I'd stop having him return kicks.

People keep mentioning TOP. When Oregon’s offense was rolling they would score a ton while routinely losing TOP. One of their coaches was asked about TOP, he said that TOP was not of their top 20 stats that they considered about being a successful team.

In other words, I wouldn’t worry about TOP when we are scoring a ton of points.

If we were routinely putting up 50 points a game against ranked teams like they were, I wouldn't be as concerned. We're not close to routinely doing that against unranked teams.

State has a running back playing WR and RB and he's one of the best players they've had in awhile. And he's projected at FB/H-Back in the NFL.

I think we would have ended up playing Hines at RB too. He may be fine at RB in the NFL with all the Kamara, CMC type backs entering the league.

Back