• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much worse will it get?

Coach K isn't likeable either, but Duke fans love him.

(Absolutely not comparing Mooney to Coach K, just saying that winning cures all complaints).

The team was not prepared to play this game today. Thank god for football!

Coach K isn't likeable either, but Duke fans love him.

(Absolutely not comparing Mooney to Coach K, just saying that winning cures all complaints).

Heard, but Mooney is a spitter, as well. Never seen so much spit fly in my life.

Through 8 Games

2010: 5-3
Points for: 606
Points against: 584
+/-: +22
RPI of wins: 153, 269, 305, 185, 285
Against top-150: 0-1

2011:
5-3
Points for: 568
Points against: 562
+/-: +6
RPI of wins: 159, 304, 270, 161, 153
Against top-150: 0-2

That hurts

For those that have the kenpom subscription, I'd be interested to know what our tempo numbers are like this year. It feels like we've made an effort to slow things down immensely, and as a result our games are lower scoring.

I'm also wondering if the drop in turnovers this year is due to our decreased tempo, or an actual improvement in preventing turnovers.

Especially comparing RPI in December to last year's end of year RPI.

Our performance this year early has been much better through 8 games.

I saw none of today's game--was up in the mountains getting a Christmas tree. Looks like the Era of Unwiped Ass is back in full effect after a partial wiping at Nebraska.

BzzOut Forever!

What hurts the most is that when we are this bad- I could give 2 shits about college basketball in general. I've lost my appetite for college basketball in the past 2 years. I couldn't tell you who is the Top 25 this year other than usual suspects (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.).

Sucks to have already lost interest the first week in December, doesn't it? Good luck generating revenue from this trainwreck program, Ron.

Classy tag. I wonder who that could have been!

It would be so awesome if dv7 could be get his Playground a la Kanhoji.

That tag wasn't mine. I'm an asshole, but I rarely hide that asshole-ness behind tags.

Yep... a joke

You are welcome to continue to post here, but nobody is making you do it. Don't like these boards? That's fine, but then you should probably stop coming back here, otherwise your words ring extremely hollow.

That tag wasn't mine. I'm an asshole, but I rarely hide that asshole-ness behind tags.

You are welcome to continue to post here, but nobody is making you do it. Don't like these boards? That's fine, but then you should probably stop coming back here, otherwise your words ring extremely hollow.

these boards are great because they were able to attract most of the best posters from DS. for that, you should be commended. however, that doesn't make you any less miserable of a poster.

That's fine and accepted, sir. I couldn't care less what people think about my "posting" capabilities.

However, I will say that it is good that you can at least insult the mods here and we won't get all butt hurt over it.

Cheers.

Butt hurt is a severely underutilized term in the English language. I hope to incorporate it into everyday use.

Could have been worse. We could have lost to BU (BC) or Tulane (GT). Tough day for ACC hoops. Should have won, but at least we showed some heart.

Tulane now is 9-0. Some wins were against teams I have heard of- go GreenWave!

What's sad is we're entering a new Staak era. That means we're generating fans who are tolerant of poor basketball as long as it's not as bad as it was when they were in school. 10 years from now when a team fails to make the NCAA Tournament, some 2011 grad is going to post, "Well back in the Bz era, we didn't even win 12 games, so you all need to stop complaining".

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Typical, we win at Nebraska and people want 'perspective', we lose and the lunatics are out in full force.

Wonder who really needs the perspective.

Through 8 Games

2010: 5-3
Points for: 606
Points against: 584
+/-: +22
RPI of wins: 153, 269, 305, 185, 285
Against top-150: 0-1

2011:
5-3
Points for: 568
Points against: 562
+/-: +6
RPI of wins: 159, 304, 270, 161, 153
Against top-150: 0-2

Maybe somebody should dig a little deeper behind these numbers:

Stetson (H) 79-89 -10
Hampton (H) 63-56 +7
VCU (H) 69-90 -21
Elon (A) 89-70 +19
Winthrop (H) 74-83 -9
Marist (H) 81-59 +22
Iowa (H) 76-73 +3
Holy Cross (H) 75-64 +11

Outside of the fact that we've played 4 home games and 4 neutral games this year as opposed to 7 home games last year at this point and we've had one game (ASU) that compares to any of the humiliation from last year, I'd say this is a perfect case of making numbers say what you want them to.

Back