• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much worse will it get?

Seeing as how it is the Christmas season, the thread title reminded me of one of the classic lines from "Christmas Vacation."

"Worse? How could it get any worse? Look around, Ellen! We're on the threshhold of Hell!"

In this scenario, Bzz is Cousin Eddie standing on the curb in his bath robe, emptying a chemical toilet into the sewer. "Shitter's full!" Unwiped ass, indeed...

I love it. Our new mantra going forward is "see, we're not as bad as last year."

Congrats on witnessing the destruction of a once proud basketball program and shaking it off as nonchalantly as if you were eating your morning bowl of wheaties.

Through 8 Games

2010: 5-3
Points for: 606
Points against: 584
+/-: +22
RPI of wins: 153, 269, 305, 185, 285
Against top-150: 0-1

2011:
5-3
Points for: 568
Points against: 562
+/-: +6
RPI of wins: 159, 304, 270, 161, 153
Against top-150: 0-2

Thanks for this post...

God I hope the players dont read this forum.

Gotta agree with the "at least we're not as bad as last year" though.... First home loss to Richmond is a dark day indeed.

Thanks for this post...

I really like the rep system on this board but when I provide 100% objective evidence & no other commentary (that I'm confident nobody else has taken the time to compile); its a little discouraging that the only feedback I receive through the system is an anonymous:

"Comically stupid post"

Its a bit discouraging. The circle jerk is elsewhere, fellas.

Buzz is going to get two more years no matter what. Really no point to dream about who his replacement might be next season or the one after it, IMO.

It is almost depressing to not care, but we got a royal screw job from Wake's front office on this one. Fuck 'em. Firmly Buzzout

I really like the rep system on this board but when I provide 100% objective evidence & no other commentary (that I'm confident nobody else has taken the time to compile); its a little discouraging that the only feedback I receive through the system is an anonymous:

"Comically stupid post"

You do understand why people (not me) would negrep that though right? You can hide behind "objective" if you want, but it's either mindnumbingly stupid or intentionally misleading.

You do understand why people (not me) would negrep that though right? You can hide behind "objective" if you want, but it's either mindnumbingly stupid or intentionally misleading.

If "mindnumbingly stupid" and 'objective fact' fit into the same category; I'll gladly stop posting on this board.

I'll suggest you follow the same philosophy if you're not OK with the 'premium status' Scout.com (not only allowed, but also) promoted as a status quo for the Wake Forest fanbase.

I 'frankly' (to use a Buzz-word) couldn't give two shits about people who ignore reality. I do, however, care about people trivializing the fact that Coach [Redacted] has (quite literally) taken the spotlight off the '6th Man' and continued to blame his own players for results he has endured at both universities he's been 'committed to' at this level prior to Wake Forest.

Last edited:
If "mindnumbingly stupid" and 'objective fact' fit into the same category; I'll gladly stop posting on this board.

I'll suggest you follow the same philosophy if you're not OK with the 'premiem status' Scout.com (not only allowed, but also) promoted as a status quo for the Wake Forest fanbase.

I 'frankly' (to use a Buzz-word) couldn't give two shits about people who ignore reality. I do, however, care about people trivializing the fact that Coach [Redacted] has (quite literally) taken the spotlight off the '6th Man' and continued to blame his own players for results he has endured at both universities he's been 'committed to' at this level prior to Wake Forest.

I can come up with two explanations for your post of "objective facts." One, you don't believe the 2011 team is substantially better than last year's team (that is, through 8 games), and you think those numbers you posted actually support that argument. In that case, you are just an idiot.

Or, you know those numbers you posted are meaningless. In which case your post was completely pointless except to rile up the least of the buzz out crowd.

So yeah, I'll stick with either mindnumbingly stupid or intentionally misleading. You don't have to quit posting though.

Last edited:
I can come up with two explanations for your post of "objective facts." One, you don't believe the 2011 team is substantially better than last year's team (that is, through 8 games), and you think those numbers you posted actually support that argument. In that case, you are just an idiot.

Or, you know those numbers you posted are meaningless.

So what do those numbers show in your opinion?

Nothing. St. Mary's is number 1 in the RPI right now. Denver is 3. Northern Iowa is 7. Ohio is 10. Using RPI to make any sort of point 8 games in is idiotic.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Have you been around this fanbase? We're already seeing it with the "at least we're better than last year" talk. If that argument makes this crap acceptable, it's surely going to be used to justify mediocrity in 10 years just like Staak did for the post-Duncan era.

This program is something to be proud of.

This program where mediocrity & inferiority should not be accepted.

This is a program that shouldn't accept that same mediocrity in football, and this entire athletic department (for damn sure) shouldn't be complacent with that mindset taking over the basketball program & for that matter, that LOWF mentality shouldn't influence any other sport we expect to compete in on the ACC-level. (Otherwise, maybe we should look into the Maryland-way of dealing with these issues).

This is not a program to accept cowardice. This is not a program that should be put in the hands of someone who has never accomplished we want to achieve.

This is not a program that should have an AD defending his decision to fire a coach based upon his post-season success and then subsequently hiring (and paying with our own money) a man who has won 1 less game in the tournament we strive to excel in than the man that the new coach is replacing has in that very same year. This is not a program where its leader should be claiming to be 'AS HAPPY AS HE COULD BE' about the direction of flagship team finishing 1-15 against the competition in its own conference with a majority of its games outside of a single-digit's grasp.

We're past that bullshit.

We're not that stupid. We're not that dumb. We're beyond those bullshit rationalizations & we're beyond the moderation that it takes to edit the word 'bullshit'. Screw Scout.com and screw Ron Wellman for thinking that those PR campaigns would make us tolerate that crap.

We should never have a coach that throws players that he's accepted as his own (whether in his 1st year or in his 50th) under the bus. We should never have a coach that has won 1 road major-conference game in 32 tries. We should never have a coach who exudes such idiocy when it comes to handling the press.

Screw the mentality of accepting that Bz has two more years before he can be accurately judged. Get rid of this joker & find someone that can reinvigorate the masses that used to inhabit the Joel on game days.

In 3 losing seasons in the ACC, Coach Prosser never managed to alienate & disenfranchise the crowd in this way. Coach Prosser had his own way of energizing the fans and generating interest in the program.

I'm not intellectual enough to even pretend to know how somebody could fit that role (or say how Bz or Dino should be doing it); I just say that Bz is obviously not filling that role & we're giving him more money per year than you or I will ever make....

Under Bz; WF has literally taken the spotlight off of the 6th Man. 17 people outside of the band wearing tie-dye t-shirts in the student section at tip-off of an ACC game when MSD is not on holiday (I have pictures if you'd like them posted on this thread). What more evidence do you need? Does the coach responsible for that need to tell you that we rely on 'Tie-dye Nation' to motivate his team for 2011-2012? Because he already has & that's the most offensive thing I've seen him say yet (which says a Freakin' Deacon lot).

Last edited:
This program is something to be proud of.

This program where mediocrity & inferiority should not be accepted.

This is a program that shouldn't accept that same mediocrity in football, and this entire athletic department (that for damn sure) shouldn't be complacent with that mindset taking over the basketball program & for that matter, that LOWF mentality shouldn't influence any other sport we expect to compete in on the ACC-level. (Otherwise, maybe we should look into the Maryland-way of dealing with these issues).

This is not a program to accept cowardice. This is not a program that should be put in the hands of someone who has never accomplished we want to achieve.

This is not a program that should have an AD defending his decision to fire a coach based upon his post-season success and then subsequently hiring (and paying with our own money) a man who has won 1 less game in the tournament we strive to excel in than the man that the new coach is replacing has in that very same year. This is not a program where its leader should be claiming to be 'AS HAPPY AS HE COULD BE' about the direction of flagship team finishing 1-15 against the competition in its own conference with a majority of its games outside of a single-digit's grasp.

We're past that bullshit.

We're not that stupid. We're not that dumb. We're beyond those bullshit rationalizations & we're beyond the moderation that it takes to edit the word 'bullshit'. Screw Scout.com and screw Ron Wellman for thinking that those PR campaigns would make us tolerate that crap.

We should never have a coach that throws players that he's accepted as his own (whether in his 1st year or in his 50th) under the bus. We should never have a coach that has won 1 road major-conference game in 32 tries. We should never have a coach who exudes such idiocy when it comes to handling the press.

Screw the mentality of accepting that Bz has two more years before he can be accurately judged. Get rid of this joker & find someone that can reinvigorate the masses that used to inhabit the Joel on game days.

In 3 losing seasons in the ACC, Coach Prosser never managed to alienate & disenfranchise the franchise in this way. Coach Prosser had his own way of energizing the crowd and generating interest in the program.

I'm not intellectual enough to even pretend to know how somebody could fit that role (or say how Bz or Dino should be doing it); I just say that Bz is obviously not filling that role & we're giving him more money per year than you or I will ever make....

Under Bz; WF has literally taken the spotlight off of the 6th Man. 17 people outside of the band wearing tie-dye t-shirts in the student section at tip-off of an ACC game when MSD is not on holiday (I have pictures if you'd like them posted on this thread). What more evidence do you need? Does the coach responsible for that need to tell you that we rely on 'Tie-dye Nation' to motivate his team for 2011-2012? Because he already has & that's the most offensive thing I've seen him say yet (which says a Freakin' Deacon lot).

So who are the Japanese in your attempt at humor?

Is it Gaudio?

If so, defend Wellman's actions in terms of the decision to hire [Redacted]; because to me, he seemingly hired the French to exact revenge for us & to finish the job while he clearly had a fat man & a little boy at his disposal in terms of salary.

So who are the Japanese in your attempt at humor?

Is it Gaudio?

If so, defend Wellman's actions in terms of the decision to hire [Redacted]; because to me, he seemingly hired the French to exact revenge for us & to finish the job while he clearly had a fat man & a little boy at his disposal in terms of salary.

I can't defend the hire of [Redacted] at all. It was the dumbest fucking thing ever. Your excitement just reminded me of that fabulous scene from animal house :) :couch:

Yeah dumb thread, we were a historically bad ACC team last year. It can't get much worse than that.

This year's team will come close. We are unforgivably bad. Wait until ACC play. Butthurt squared.

The tie dyes were a Prosser era thing. It isn't some ancient Wake tradition. A lot of folks got tired of them but won't say so because they don't want to get nuked on the boards over it.

Get a new coach who comes up with a new approach to engage and motivate the fanbase (as well as the players!). Handing out tie dyes isn't going to do it.

Last edited:

"Comically stupid post"

Why would this ever bother you?

Back