• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How poor were you in college?

Yeah, you are a thieving lot.

I tried to avoid buying any of my books freshman year. I went to the first day of Biology lab and the TA was so pissed that she made me go buy the text that minute and failed me on the quiz. That course was my worst grade in college.

Other than my English classes and course readers, I probably purchased less than 25% of my text books. If I wasn't going to bother to read them anyways, why pay good money?

BOGOs for Qdoba were brilliant. We probably picked ten up out of the recycling each semester. Junior or senior year they switched to BOHO.

I didn't pay for a haircut from my junior year of high school until after graduation. Dean gave me a free haircut for graduation so that I could make my mom happy. Even the 2007 mullet was free.

We got all of our silverware from the pit, but always returned it. It was almost like they were doing our dishes for us.

it used to be a la carte when i lived on campus, but now they have requirements which are such an effing racket.

so that's not included in HTTD's numbers then, correct?

food services are a racket at like 90% of schools I feel like

Yeah, you are a thieving lot.

I tried to avoid buying any of my books freshman year. I went to the first day of Biology lab and the TA was so pissed that she made me go buy the text that minute and failed me on the quiz. That course was my worst grade in college.

Other than my English classes and course readers, I probably purchased less than 25% of my text books. If I wasn't going to bother to read them anyways, why pay good money?

BOGOs for Qdoba were brilliant. We probably picked ten up out of the recycling each semester. Junior or senior year they switched to BOHO.

I didn't pay for a haircut from my junior year of high school until after graduation. Dean gave me a free haircut for graduation so that I could make my mom happy. Even the 2007 mullet was free.

We got all of our silverware from the pit, but always returned it. It was almost like they were doing our dishes for us.

that's hilarious

i almost never bought books either. either library or borrowed from people. i need capital for my enterprising ways. i always paid my frat dues (what i did pay) at the end of the semester, so i could use that cash from my parents to invest in my small business.

so that's not included in HTTD's numbers then, correct?

food services are a racket at like 90% of schools I feel like

if they are for current numbers, then im sure they are.

just out of curiosity how many people actually had a job while they were at Wake? this thread is making me feel like i was the only one

IMO the real travesty here is the room and board. Wake forces people to live on campus so they can charge outrageous rents....it's BS.
Pay $1000 per month to share a little room with someone else? You could get a sick 2br apt in Winston for $2k a month (even after utilities)

...shit RJ=MJ beat me to it

Probably way less than that.

Most people lived in decent 4br houses for 1500-2000 a month. Can't believe Wake is making people live on campus for 3 years, what a racket.

just out of curiosity how many people actually had a job while they were at Wake? this thread is making me feel like i was the only one

i had a couple of jobs/internships over summers and worked at the filling station during my victory lap.

I had a job all four years. But it was an equipment manager so the perks were huge.

For the summer of 2008 I was working in Winston and my friend from HS wanted to live with me. We found a bedroom to share on Craigslist and then started looking for a bed to share as well. We were looking for a full but found a Queen mattress, boxspring, and frame for $75. Drove to wherever it was (some trailer park near Kernersville ~15 miles away) and picked it up. We had to tie it to the roof of my Accord to get it to the house. Got it to the house and it wouldn't fit up the stairs. I think I've posted about it before but thus began the saga that eventually lead to stripping the boxspring, cutting off 2 corners and then cutting it in half, and duct taping it once it got upstairs. I just got rid of that mattress after 3 years when HTTD and I moved to Greensboro.

That summer we also saved a McDonald's cup so we could go in and get free refills and as well as strongly considered siphoning gas. My friend may or may not have made some money after being gifted illegal substances for giving a girl a ride home from work.

#nohobo

I had a job for 3 of 4 years and summer jobs for 2 of 3.

Only freshman year did I not have a job. Sophomore-Senior year (and the summers in between, which I spent at Wake) I had at least one job.

My parents were rich. I was poor, but didn't notice.

I worked every summer for personal expenses during the school year. At Wake I was dorm director for Bostwick (free room) and director of the language lab (pocket change).

Does Darren, the guy that ran Davis for a couple of years, post on here? If so I want to neg rep you.

Back