• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to Shave like a GD man

First shave with a Feather blade today; huge upgrade over the Merkur blades I've been using the last few weeks. Great recommendation, thanks!
Do the feather blades fit in a Merkur? I have no idea if that's a universal thing or not.

I'm going to try this out. So sick of my crappy Shave Club blades, and it's not like I shave often. Ordered a Merkur w/ Feather blades and disposal case.

So thanks to the wonders of Amazon Prime, my Merkur already arrived, along with some shaving cream, so I gave it a shot with the stock blade (the Feather blades will arrive tomorrow). Smaller than I thought, and I did use shaving cream, when most of the time I'm just shaving in the shower with some soap on my face. Easy shave, once I got used to the angle, which isn't hard. Not the closest I've had but close enough and an even shave at that. When I look at this in terms of ease of use, cost, etc, it seems like a no brainer to keep going this route. Plus, as indicated earlier, it's extremely manly.

The blade threw me for a loop. Almost thought that maybe it wasn't in the package, as it's not exactly huge, and is so flexible that I thought it may have just been wrapping at first. These aren't your stock razor blades that you buy at Wal Mart for getting the vehicle inspection sticker gunk off your windshield.

So thanks to the wonders of Amazon Prime, my Merkur already arrived, along with some shaving cream, so I gave it a shot with the stock blade (the Feather blades will arrive tomorrow). Smaller than I thought, and I did use shaving cream, when most of the time I'm just shaving in the shower with some soap on my face. Easy shave, once I got used to the angle, which isn't hard. Not the closest I've had but close enough and an even shave at that. When I look at this in terms of ease of use, cost, etc, it seems like a no brainer to keep going this route. Plus, as indicated earlier, it's extremely manly.

The blade threw me for a loop. Almost thought that maybe it wasn't in the package, as it's not exactly huge, and is so flexible that I thought it may have just been wrapping at first. These aren't your stock razor blades that you buy at Wal Mart for getting the vehicle inspection sticker gunk off your windshield.
The shorter your stroke the better your result. counterintuitive in the shower i'm sure...

So you guys are bragging about shaving with the same technology of razor my grandfather used? Although somewhat updated to 1960's stainless steel blades, instead of sticking to the carbon steel blades of years prior to Wilkinson developing stainless steel double edge razor blades.

Back