• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to Shave like a GD man

the 4x

now this dorco place... seems like even better deal. tell me more wakelaxer...

Dorco is actually the company that supplies the blades to dollar shave club. You can order at your own convenience and for a lot less.

Dorco is actually the company that supplies the blades to dollar shave club. You can order at your own convenience and for a lot less.

I finally did that and wakelaxer is right. The blades are priced better than dollar shave club and are very good quality.

Goodbye forever Gillette.

I tried the six blade Dorco system through Amazon. They were OK, but I eventually developed razor burn. Back to Fusion

I've been doing Dollar Shave Club for about 3 months. I get the mid-level razors -- 4 for $6 per month. I have been very pleased with them thus far.

In any case, I am finished with having to get some clerk at Walgreen's or wherever to come open the locked plastic display case for me so that I can buy razors at an astronomical price. (I never realized that razors had become such a shoplifting target, but at the prices they sell for in drug stores, I can't say that I am surprised.)

Just ordered from Dorco, loving the price, hoping the blade quality is good. Currently using the Gillette Fusion.

ETA- Thanks to all for the info!

I had considered this but looking at the price and what you can buy the Gillete Fusion blades for at Costco it does not seem to be a great financial choice. The fusion blades seem to last at least 2 weeks for me and I shave once a day (sometimes skip the weekends), the 24 blade pack cost $49, so while the DSC seems okay for 4 razors a month at $6, the money seems to be a wash. I just hate biting the bullet once a year for $50 worth of blades.

I had considered this but looking at the price and what you can buy the Gillete Fusion blades for at Costco it does not seem to be a great financial choice. The fusion blades seem to last at least 2 weeks for me and I shave once a day (sometimes skip the weekends), the 24 blade pack cost $49, so while the DSC seems okay for 4 razors a month at $6, the money seems to be a wash. I just hate biting the bullet once a year for $50 worth of blades.

Wow, I can't get 2 weeks out of a blade, wish I could. But $50 for a 24 pack is a great price. I was getting the ProGlide variety at razorsdirect.com 24 for $80. Dorco is 24 for $30 for the 6-blade cartridges, so for me, not having a Costco membership, it is a no-brainer (as long as the quality is comparable).

was just about to spend $50 at Costco for 16 Fusion refills, instead spent $20 for 16 Dorcos (plus $6 for the handle). Very timely, glad I clicked on this thread, you dudes just saved me $30.

Wow, I can't get 2 weeks out of a blade, wish I could. But $50 for a 24 pack is a great price. I was getting the ProGlide variety at razorsdirect.com 24 for $80. Dorco is 24 for $30 for the 6-blade cartridges, so for me, not having a Costco membership, it is a no-brainer (as long as the quality is comparable).
Wow, I guess I consider myself lucky. I'm too cheap to toss the Fusion Power blades until they almost hurt to shave...2-3 months.

Ok I bit and ordered the Mach 3 equivalent and a 4 blade from Dorco. Both were the worst shave I've ever had other than a straight shit disposable razor you get from the hotel clerk when you forget your stuff. Horrible shave, had to go over again and again. I gave em a couple tries too because the first shave had a couple days worth of growth, which typically should make for an excellent close shave-ability. not with those blades though. terrible. I have a strong facial hair growth, not dwarf hairs. Two thumbs down, back to Gillette.

Ok I bit and ordered the Mach 3 equivalent and a 4 blade from Dorco. Both were the worst shave I've ever had other than a straight shit disposable razor you get from the hotel clerk when you forget your stuff. Horrible shave, had to go over again and again. I gave em a couple tries too because the first shave had a couple days worth of growth, which typically should make for an excellent close shave-ability. not with those blades though. terrible. I have a strong facial hair growth, not dwarf hairs. Two thumbs down, back to Gillette.

But how are your bhole and nuts? Smooth?

I get those waxed by a professional for cheap down here in ole mex. this kid does it, his mom owns the local hair salon and he does all the waxing. really good at it. Small fingers get into all the crevices, nary a hair to be found.

Same experience here. Got the Dorce 6 blade, and while it doesn't butcher my face, it's nowhere near as smooth as the Fusion. I too have to had to go over the same spots multiple times and still it's not as smooth as Gilette. I've got 8 cartridges, so I'll use those, then back to Gillette. Any recs on where to get cheap blades (I'm not a Costco member), I've done razorsdirect.com in the past.

The ad is disingenuous. Talks about how men spend $25 a month on blades, so Dollar Shave Club will be cheaper. Any man spending $25 a month on blades is either stupid, or shaving back hair.

The ad is disingenuous. Talks about how men spend $25 a month on blades, so Dollar Shave Club will be cheaper. Any man spending $25 a month on blades is either stupid, or shaving back hair.

I'm with you. I have a course beard but would never drop $25 on blades a month, never. Get an electric razor.

Back