• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to Shave like a GD man

Hmmm... I found the Dorco blades to be just as good as Fusion. But I have a very metro shaving routine with pre-shave oil and a badger brush

The Dorco 6 is huge. I tried it for a couple of months, but switched back to Fusion. Since the switch back, I've been soaking my blade head in 99% isopropyl for a few minutes after shaving. The first blade lasted three weeks instead of the usual one.

bought a safety double edge razor called a Merkur 178. thing works extremely well. heard about it on the Brickyard.

prolly the best shave I have ever had using it. bought a variety pack of blades and like the Feather brand the best.

So I'm starting to like the Dorco 6- perhaps I just had to get used to it, as it's smoother now. I had been shaving in the shower with shave gel, but have moved to a sink shave and the results have been better. Maybe not quite as good as the Fusion, but for the price, certainly close enough to stay with Dorco.

Today starts a brand new me. After using a Gilette Mach 3 for 15 years, I'm finally switching. Yes, I've replaced many a blade during that time, but the handle has been tried and true. Today I upgraded to the Gilette Fusion Proglide. Based upon all of the reviews, I fully expect my first shave tomorrow morning to be a truly magical experience. Anyone here use it?

Today starts a brand new me. After using a Gilette Mach 3 for 15 years, I'm finally switching. Yes, I've replaced many a blade during that time, but the handle has been tried and true. Today I upgraded to the Gilette Fusion Proglide. Based upon all of the reviews, I fully expect my first shave tomorrow morning to be a truly magical experience. Anyone here use it?

Your taint will be baby smooth.

It's a solid shave. They are all about the same, really.

I bought 100 safety razor blades the other day for about 12 bucks. In 2 years I'll buy them again. I love my safety razor.

Weird to see this thread pop up and to realize I started it that long ago. I ended up going with a Merkur double-edged safety razor. Best shaving-related decision ever. Face is smooth as butter after a shave, the blades are super cheap (I like Shark or Feather blades the best), the shaving soap provides a great lather (I like Proraso green), the boar brush I use (Omega) is great, and the process in general is fairly quick but much more satisfying. 10/10 would cut my face hairs again.

stock-vector-beard-styles-153642206.jpg

I used a Mach 3 for like 10 years that I got for free from the army or something when I turned 18. then I upgraded to the Fushion and I like it. Buy the pack of blades once a year or so from Sam's Club.

I grew a beard for like 5 months before my wedding last year and got it taken off at the barber, and I thought it was a great experience. The guy spent like an hour on it with multiple hot lathers and just a lot of care and precision. It was very relaxing.

Been using Dorco blades for a couple of years now.

Weird to see this thread pop up and to realize I started it that long ago. I ended up going with a Merkur double-edged safety razor. Best shaving-related decision ever. Face is smooth as butter after a shave, the blades are super cheap (I like Shark or Feather blades the best), the shaving soap provides a great lather (I like Proraso green), the boar brush I use (Omega) is great, and the process in general is fairly quick but much more satisfying. 10/10 would cut my face hairs again.
bought a Merkur 178 after hearing about them on the BYe(Brickyard). best decision on shaving for myself as well.

like Feather blades the best. have a heavy beard.

The Gillete razors are horrible for your skin. Went the safety razor route a couple years ago and now refuse to shave with anything but. My skin is in much better shape.

What blades have you guys used? I'm on a pack of feather right now, but I was thinking of getting a variety pack next time to try different brands.

didn't like the variety pack much but it gives you an idea of wat you will like. Wilkinson and Feathers were the best in that pack.

read that Derby's are almost as sharp as Feather's.

you could go to amazon and read reviews there. that is wat I did.

Feathers work well for me, never had a bad cut like the poontang negative reviewers on Amazon all whine about

How long until this transforms into a manscaping thread?

Back