• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hunter Sallis

I hope Hunter goes on a massive heater here and it carries to NBA rookie of the Year

Then coach Forbes gives that same opportunity to another talented kid

The longer the track record of WF bringing in players that become NBA first round picks, only helps the WF program in the long run. Of course, it would be great if Jake stayed, if Klintman stayed, if Hunter stayed, but every HS recruit and every major D1 transfer wants to play in the NBA. Given where the players were rated before coming to WF and given where they ended up after a season at WF, would be happy to put WF's recent track record with anyone. That's how you build sustainable success. So, in the short term, it would/will suck to lose Hunter Sallis to the NBA; in the long run, it helps our program. In a big way.

I hope Hunter goes on a massive heater here and it carries to NBA rookie of the Year

Then coach Forbes gives that same opportunity to another talented kid
yeah, better than hoping hunter stays, hope that he plays so well that he has no choice but to go

Hunter seems like a very intelligent and sensitive kid. Some of us in the world think too much.
I think maybe the pressure got to him. Its ok.... learn from it.

I'm expecting a massive bounce back.

from a personality perspective, I could see it. I just don't think the circumstances line up for him to come back.

Sallis is VERY talented, but he does have inconsistency from one game to another.

I wonder if he was under the weather last night. He seemed "off".

i was thinking the same thing. he seemed tentative and unwilling to take control. when he did shoot, half the shots were short or well off. a different vibe from a normal game where things just aren’t falling.

I wonder if he was under the weather last night. He seemed "off".

i kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda think he was riding too high on all of the draft buzz/press accolades

it all happened very quickly and in kinda shockingly high volume

but i don't think we'll see a game like that again from him (or i certainly hope not)

Last edited:
I can’t imagine he’s not being harder on himself than anyone. He doesn’t strike me as someone who will keep his head in the clouds. He may have had it up there last night, or he could have just been off. It sucks that it took a loss to come down, but my money says he’s going to bust his ass in practice this week then light Va Tech up.

Feels like Beekman is really riding his reputation if he makes 1st team All ACC IMO. Understand he’s the defensive stopper but his offensive numbers are pretty average.
He just held presumptive ACC POY to 1-14 shooting on Saturday. His 13.8 ppg is enough

I can’t imagine he’s not being harder on himself than anyone. He doesn’t strike me as someone who will keep his head in the clouds. He may have had it up there last night, or he could have just been off. It sucks that it took a loss to come down, but my money says he’s going to bust his ass in practice this week then light Va Tech up.

Forbes called Hunter "Superman" on the radio show and that you can't keep Superman down for long.

Back