• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hyperloop - SF to LA in 30 minutes

If they have a major earthquake, then the 4 people actually using the train will probably die, as will 1000s more not using it.

That's going to be sick in San Andreas 2.

This is gonna change transportation. I want this in all states connecting major cities. Less traffic in the airports for sure!

Google hyperloop and read all the free articles about the test.

I'm a sucker for open sourcing of major (and even minor) problems that need solutions, so I look forward to seeing where this goes.

So far, so good. Lots of private money raised, three different companies working on the concept, a SpaceX sponsored pod design competition, crowd-sourced design work, and 3 test tracks planned and/or under construction. Open source is awesome.

Also, read recently that Musk has a goal of sending people to Mars by 2025. Once developed, this concept of transportation of people and stuff would work well there, sans tubes, due to the atmosphere (or lack thereof).

Surprised you wouldn't get some investor in Vegas doing an LA to Vegas one first.

palma the phophet!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop#Groups_acquiring_funding_and_building_hardware
Hyperloop One announced in February 2015 their plan to develop a Hyperloop route between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. They have organized a board of directors and an engineering team, and have raised more than US$35 million in working capital.[SUP][30][/SUP][SUP][23]
[/SUP]

Back