• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical - Wellman retains Bzzz. What then?

Yeah, I doubt Wellman calls any kind of press conference. Whether it's for an extension or a "resignation." It would be quite hilarious though.

Well he'd have to do some media. He even had that interview last year just to say Bz wasn't being fired when he uttered "historical competitiveness". He couldn't just do an extension with just a press release.

When he resigns it will be interesting to see if he speaks to the media like Grobe did. Hopefully he just goes away and I never see him again.

I'll be pretty depressed. I might make a few snide posts referencing some of the boards' auxiliary conversation police officers who have assured us to remain calm because it is a foregone conclusion that Buzz is gone. Then? I really have no idea. The past couple of years has been one big adventure in my Wake Forest sports fandom.

Glad to see that Irish is embracing the reality I predicted on the other thread (to thunderous derision). Get used to his smiling face, Deacon fans. Nappy days are here again.

I have long joked about the jihad takeover, and now it looks like the Strattons are the perfect guys to do it. Townie fans are good for this situation. I'll also send some suits of mid tier beer and a union jack mask to DV7 so he can rally the troops before they go in.

Oh, and the mods are going to tell me who BabyDeac is so I can give him a public flogging in the middle of the quad

incredibly mean spirited but funny local commercials embarrassing and chastising Ron Wellman and LOWF. The type of stuff Deadspin can't turn away from and hopefully clever enough that 1 of ESPN's 300 debate shows is forced to talk about it. Then, I'd be all for 100's of "for sale" signs in the yards of Wellman and BZZ . Take pictures of the scene and mass forward those off to the media as well.

the signs in the yard is harsh because of who I think it is really targeting. BZZ apparently has already tried to leave and Wellman has repeatedly shown he has no shame. At that point, and I know this sound terrible, but we'd be making it additionally hard on their wives. Imagine coming outside to that? Make them miserable enough that any guilt their husbands should feel for what they have done to this program, now has come home in front of all their neighbors, friends, and family. (assuming the yard sign thing isn't illegal.)

Additionally I'd obviously not watch any Wake basketball.

Glad to see that Irish is embracing the reality I predicted on the other thread (to thunderous derision). Get used to his smiling face, Deacon fans. Nappy days are here again.

You're a true martyr, jhmd. Thank you so much for your service.

Also might want to go after board members by name, and donors who have cosigned to this debacle…."WF, where our big time Booster is a used care salesman, Thanks Flow."

Just burn it all down. Though personally at that point I just wouldn't give a shit.

Another year of Buzz would force me to really quit giving a shit about WFU basketball, as opposed to just saying I don't because I'm angry. I haven't watched a WFU basketball game in years, but part of me secretly hopes that one day I'll be able to watch them again.

The Buzz hire may be the stupidest thing I have ever witnessed. I can't decide if it's just ahead of or just behind the 6000 year old earth business. I can tell you that the arguments for a 6000 year old earth, as utterly idiotic and rage inducing as they are, are more sound than the argument that Buzz should be the WFU basketball coach.

incredibly mean spirited but funny local commercials embarrassing and chastising Ron Wellman and LOWF. The type of stuff Deadspin can't turn away from and hopefully clever enough that 1 of ESPN's 300 debate shows is forced to talk about it. Then, I'd be all for 100's of "for sale" signs in the yards of Wellman and BZZ . Take pictures of the scene and mass forward those off to the media as well.

the signs in the yard is harsh because of who I think it is really targeting. BZZ apparently has already tried to leave and Wellman has repeatedly shown he has no shame. At that point, and I know this sound terrible, but we'd be making it additionally hard on their wives. Imagine coming outside to that? Make them miserable enough that any guilt their husbands should feel for what they have done to this program, now has come home in front of all their neighbors, friends, and family. (assuming the yard sign thing isn't illegal.)

Additionally I'd obviously not watch any Wake basketball.

Good post. I've been watching Wake games longer than many posters have been alive. I want Wake to win as bad as many of you guys. I would hate it if people gave Wellman and his apologists an easy out by doing something embarrassing and/or to distract from poor management. In my estimation, the ads in the paper were the right tone. These facts are a sharp enough knife not to make it personal. Let them do their able work. If that means a billboard, do it right, but leave people's family's out of it. I don't blame Buzz. He's the Brick Tamlin of the ACC.

Also might want to go after board members by name, and donors who have cosigned to this debacle…."WF, where our big time Booster is a used care salesman, Thanks Flow."

Just burn it all down. Though personally at that point I just wouldn't give a shit.

BUT THATS NOT THE DECENT WAKE FOREST WAY OF DOING THINGS. WE WILL GOLFCLAP DECENTLY UNTIL HE IS GONE.

Back