• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I’ll bet my right to post on this message board that Wake makes the NCAAT in 2019.

At a certain point I agree. We aren’t anywhere near that point yet. I’ll put you down as a yes to move to the SoCon where our W/L record would be dramatically better.

Stephen F. Austin is clearly a better team than UNC.

The problem with this argument is enough money is donated and allocated to Wake Forest mens basketball to field a competitive and winning team in the ACC. We have managed to do so in the past with different leadership (both coaching and AD). It is time to change leadership rather than conferences.

Keatts is going out and finding transfers and getting it done.

Buzz Williams gets it done.

Brownell has freaking Clemson in the top 15.

Turgeon.

Rick Barnes.

Larranaga.

Archie.

Enfield.

Grant.

Miller.

TV announcers.

Recently forced to resign and/or Unemployed dudes.

All better than our current situation.

The problem with this argument is enough money is donated and allocated to Wake Forest mens basketball to field a competitive and winning team in the ACC. We have managed to do so in the past with different leadership (both coaching and AD). It is time to change leadership rather than conferences.

Honestly don’t know but I doubt Wake is in the top half of the ACC in money donated/allocated to basketball.

Not an excuse but also not a great argument as to why we should be successful.

except, you're content with a coach who can't coach at the end of games

I’m not content with Manning’s performance to date or the state of our basketball program. I won’t be content until we win a national championship. I’m not really sure what I’ve posted to lead you to believe otherwise.

RChill has been consistent. He doesn't hold the first 2 seasons against Danny. He feels that we overachieves last season and have underachieved this year. He's putting all of the chips on the table for year 5 and will make a final judgment of Danny's credibility at the end of next season.

RChill has been consistent. He doesn't hold the first 2 seasons against Danny. He feels that we overachieves last season and have underachieved this year. He's putting all of the chips on the table for year 5 and will make a final judgment of Danny's credibility at the end of next season.

Pretty much. I’ve been consistent since this whole mess started about what we should expect from our basketball program, how we should evaluate coaches, and when it makes sense to fire coaches.

I also recognize that the “credibility” question is twofold:

1. Is Manning the right coach to help us meet our short term, mid term, long term and final goals?

2. Should we fire Danny Manning.

My answer to #1 has consistently been that Manning met our short term goals, needs a big year next year on the court and recruiting trail to meet our mid term goals, is slightly better than 50/50 (I have adjusted this downward over the course of the season and expect next year to provide a pretty definitive answer) to meet our long term goals (which are basically to have UVA’s level of sustained success) and a long shot to meet our ultimate goal (national championship). I certainly understand those who disagree with that assessment or choose a different approach entirely.

My answer to #2 has always been a hard no. And given our current AD and the particulars of our program right now I don’t really understand those who argue otherwise.

" I don’t really understand those who argue otherwise. "

So.... tired.... of.... losing. :(

" I don’t really understand those who argue otherwise. "

So.... tired.... of.... losing. :(

Me too. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to fire Manning right now. I would have hoped people learned with Dino that you don’t fire a coach in a vacuum. It only makes sense to fire a coach (no matter how bad) if you have some confidence you can replace him with someone better. I’m not sure where that confidence comes from.

I offered to change it to a top 8 seed.

6-7 ACC teams will have top 8 seeds this year. Not good enough

So coaches have started winning in the ACC faster than Manning, but not right away. Got it.

why are you obsessed with winning in year one? we're way past year one for Manning...hopefully we'll have a winning conference record in year 5. Maybe we'll get to play Pitt and GT twice each

Back