• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bz was to go

I mean from the first of the year until now. If you set the bar low enough, you'll always pass. It'd be impossible to be as bad as last year.

Fish, I didn't see you lauding him early in the season when he played well. It's completely unfair to ANY player to just take a bad streak and extrapolate that's the whole year.

I mean from the first of the year until now. If you set the bar low enough, you'll always pass. It'd be impossible to be as bad as last year.

And that's why I think this is the new Staak era. "More than 8 wins" will always be used to justify mediocrity. It's going to take a long time to get the point where not making the NCAA Tournament is a disappointment.

Fish, I didn't see you lauding him early in the season when he played well. It's completely unfair to ANY player to just take a bad streak and extrapolate that's the whole year.

Well I personally have never enjoyed watching him play basketball. Quite frankly, it is painful for me to watch him play. Seems like a great, hard-working kid, but isn't good at basketball.

Well I personally have never enjoyed watching him play basketball. Quite frankly, it is painful for me to watch him play. Seems like a great, hard-working kid, but isn't good at basketball.

Likewise. Which is I actually think rj is right -- Tony probably does get too much crap on the boards because he's so frustrating to watch play. And it's not just the fans, either -- CJ, who's a pretty mild-mannered guy, gets visibly frustrated when TC just completely misses him wide open time after time.

Likewise. Which is I actually think rj is right -- Tony probably does get too much crap on the boards because he's so frustrating to watch play. And it's not just the fans, either -- CJ, who's a pretty mild-mannered guy, gets visibly frustrated when TC just completely misses him wide open time after time.

I've noticed that too. He throws his arms out in complete disbelief from time to time.

Tony seems like a good kid, but he can make some boneheaded plays on more than a few occasions unfortunately.

I think Tony gets blamed on for our shitty offense when sometimes the scheme and coaching should be blamed (other players not doing what they need to do to get a good shot).

I think Tony gets blamed on for our shitty offense when sometimes the scheme and coaching should be blamed (other players not doing what they need to do to get a good shot).

Tony is pretty good at penetration, not great at scoring unless the defender is a guard. If we had a post player he could throw to, he might be a more dynamic point guard. It seems to me that Bzd is trying to get him to penetrate and dish for 3s and open jumpers which goes against everything Philly, but he has started to do just that.

While not all of our struggles are talent specific, they are not all Bzd-specific. Right now, we have nobody with a post game save Nikita, and he can only go left. The fact that our offense has been pretty good against UNC and State has a little to do with the fact that guys have bought in. Nikita is getting his points in the paint, not with outside jumpers. Tony is making fewer head down drives to the basket (except on fast breaks, which he seemed to correct in the 2nd half against State), we are getting Chase involved and getting CJ good shots. And Travis has struggled a lot of games the past three weeks.

While CJ is a terrible rebounder for a guard, it looks to me like Bzd has done a pretty good job of getting Tony to go after long boards. We don't box out well outside of three feet though and that is both coaching and experience.

A little objectivity people. If you are going to go with the mob mentality and be willing to string up Bzd to a tree as some of you are, that strange fruit is gonna take you at least til the end of 2014. That's a long time to be in mob mode.

I've noticed that too. He throws his arms out in complete disbelief from time to time.

Tony seems like a good kid, but he can make some boneheaded plays on more than a few occasions unfortunately.

If Tony EVER made a pass on a fast break I would not hate him. However, I have never seen him actually give up the ball. Instead he steamrolls to the rim and more often than not is unable to finish. This is the reason we get killed in transition points every game (I know we run a slow down offense and that keeps those points down too). I don't understand how we are at this point in the season and we continually fuck up 2 and 3 on 1s.

A little objectivity people. If you are going to go with the mob mentality and be willing to string up Bzd to a tree as some of you are, that strange fruit is gonna take you at least til the end of 2014. That's a long time to be in mob mode.

I'm in it to win it!

If Tony EVER made a pass on a fast break I would not hate him. However, I have never seen him actually give up the ball. Instead he steamrolls to the rim and more often than not is unable to finish. This is the reason we get killed in transition points every game (I know we run a slow down offense and that keeps those points down too). I don't understand how we are at this point in the season and we continually fuck up 2 and 3 on 1s.

This is exactly the irrationality that I'm talking about. He did hit CJ on the secondary break for a three vs. State and got Travis set up for another.

One thing doesn't do enough (neither do most of our guys) is play into conctact. He should be getting lots more FTs.

The way this board treats him is embarrassing and outrageous. Never in the twenty years there have been Wake boards has any player been reamed as hard on every play as Tony Chennault.

It's disgraceful. He's the best PG we have available. He plays hard every minute he's on the court. Yet no one talks about the positives.

Oh yeah, if you don't think he's rthe worst player ever, you love him and don't think clearly. What a load of crap!

What's pathetic is neither CJ nor Travis get any shit for their TOs and in spite of having the ball much less than Tony, they have each committed more TOs.

Have a little class.

Luckily, I'm fucking relentless.

For anyone who hates Tony Chennault and think he is the worst ever, I have two words for you- Shamaine Dukes.

In fairness to RJ, someone posting that they "hate" a college basketball player on their own team for reasons completely unrelated to character is pretty over the top.

Has anybody actually said that other than rj?

Can we focus

On:

Dream replacements
Likely replacements
and crazy replacements

Example: Would anyone not take Alford over Bz?
Tubby as an old guy wanting to settle to an "easier" job before retirement: good or bad?

Leave Tony alone.

I agree Tony is our best option, he plays hard, and has improved from last year. But he does not know how to run a fastbreak, he takes it himself almost every time. That is not what a pg who has some issues finishing (much improved over last year but still) should be doing.

For anyone who hates Tony Chennault and think he is the worst ever, I have two words for you- Shamaine Dukes.

I consider myself somewhat of a historian regarding the legacy of Sharmaine Dukes. After much debate and pondering, I have concluded that Joe Dukes would challenge Tony C. for minutes and likely split PG duties if he was on this team.

Back