• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Eli Manning's name was Smith

One of the Super Bowl starting QBs is named Manning.
The Super Bowl is being played in the Meadowlands Stadium, the home stadium of a player named Manning.
The two aforementioned Mannings are easily two of the top 10 QBs over the last decade.
The two aforementioned Mannings are the sons of a hall of famer named Manning.

So yeah, the name Manning is probably gonna come up from time to time the week before the Super Bowl.

Ok, got that. But, who is this Smith character I keep hearing about?!!?

Based just on those number, I'd go with this. Of course teammates great influence the numbers above but...

Player D: 254.7 yds/game, 63.4 compl %, 5.5 TD%, 2.0 int% 1
Player C: 238.5 yds/game, 63.3 compl %, 5.0 TD%, 2.8 int% 2
Player F: 211.2 yds/game, 63.2 compl %, 5.1 TD%, 2.6 int% 3
Player E: 199.6 yds/game, 61.5 compl %, 3.5 TD%, 3.0 int% 4
Player B: 231.0 yds/game, 58.5 compl %, 4.6 TD%, 3.4 int% 5
Player A: 220.0 yds/game, 56.9 compl %, 4.1 TD%, 3.1 int%, 6

D = Brady
C = Roethlisberger
F = Montana
E = Aikman
B = Manning
A = Elway

His career has been situated in the middle 1/3 of NFL QBs.

Super Bowls wins is basically irrelevant. Was Kenny Smith a better player than Chuck? Is Flacco better than Marino? Is Jeremy Shockey better than Tony Gonzalez?

Yep. Kenny Smith has 2 NBA titles and Chuck Nevitt only has 1, despite being 7' 5".

I think we can all agree that Bill Russell > Chris Webber > Wilt Chamberlain.

So, according to RJ, advanced metrics/stats are an awful way of determining how good a player is, as are the number of championships a player wins. What are you left with? The eye test?

So, according to RJ, advanced metrics/stats are an awful way of determining how good a player is, as are the number of championships a player wins. What are you left with? The eye test?

The hotter mistress.

I'll answer the question instead of being obtuse.

ultimately, the NFL isn't a stats driven league. The playoff success, combined with the length of career will probably put him in the HOF.

if your last name was hemingway you would still be a shitty writer

What would people think about Tony Manning of the Dallas Cowboys?

He sucks because he has never won a playoff game and obviously has no Super Bowl titles. Meanwhile Eli Romo of the NY Giants has 2 Super Bowl titles so he is obviously great. Where is RH going with this thread?

Back