• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we lose out, % that Bz is fired

The chances that Bzz gets canned if we lose out

• Total voters
0%

We are stuck with him for at least another season for financial and political reasons. If he's kept around next year and we have a terrible season, then I think you'll see riots break out. We have a good class coming in so we should see some improvement from our current rock bottom. He isn't going anywhere even if we lose out this year.

Every time I think we have hit rock bottom, I am unpleasantly surprised that maybe we haven't hit rock bottom.

I doubt Bz will be fired, but I wonder about the possibility of a shake-up, namely some sort of lateral move - under the guise that Bz came in and "changed the culture, mission accomplished, blah, blah, blah." so moves to some sort of operational role and turns the reins over to someone else... maybe it is wishful thinking.

So who's going to bay Bzzz's buyout two years after paying Dino's?

Have we seen yet what Bzz is actually being paid and what the terms of his buyout are? Maybe there's a performance clause that would allow us to set him free without any $$? A Bzzouter can hope, right?

Have we seen yet what Bzz is actually being paid and what the terms of his buyout are? Maybe there's a performance clause that would allow us to set him free without any $$? A Bzzouter can hope, right?

Yeah, maybe he's being paid on a contingency basis and he only gets a cut of NCAA receipts.

I voted 20%. I mean, if we lose out, that's 3-29 in conference over 2 years, right? Jesus, that's horrifying.

I also wonder how firing him would affect the decisions of our incoming recruits.

It's probably 0%, but the only thing that gives me the slighest glimmer of hope that he might get canned is that we haven't heard Wellman (not yet at least) come on the postgame and give him the votes of confidence he gave him last year.

It's probably 0%, but the only thing that gives me the slighest glimmer of hope that he might get canned is that we haven't heard Wellman (not yet at least) come on the postgame and give him the votes of confidence he gave him last year.

Why would he? Nobody's listening to the game anyway.

All of our commits have signed so we'd have to grant them releases in order for them to leave. Also since most of them committed early they wouldn't really have many other options since we were one of their first offers in many cases. The exception to this is Moto who had options but not sure if those still exist now.

No idea on anyone's buyout terms but you have to think we'd bring in more basketball revenue with a different coach/direction.

All of our commits have signed so we'd have to grant them releases in order for them to leave. Also since most of them committed early they wouldn't really have many other options since we were one of their first offers in many cases. The exception to this is Moto who had options but not sure if those still exist now.
WHO CARES?

Hopefully we've learned our lesson by now that we shouldn't dictate our coaching decisions based on incoming recruiting classes.

About a 6% chance of us losing the final 6 games, and probably something like 4% total if you include the ACCT.

If we underperform that badly and lose them all, I've got to think Wellman has to legitimately consider making the move. It would no longer be a question of whether [Redacted] could turn it around...

30%

I don't think that losing out should be the determining factor. If we lose out but actually play well and are competitive most of the time, then at least it gives some hope going forward that maybe we are improving and possibly on the right track (though I'd still want him fired regardless, I'd rather see some progress than not). But if we continue to play like we did last night, which was more like a bunch of animals humping on the court than basketball, then he should be gone even if we win a couple more games against sub-par ACC opponents.

About a 6% chance of us losing the final 6 games, and probably something like 4% total if you include the ACCT.

If we underperform that badly and lose them all, I've got to think Wellman has to legitimately consider making the move. It would no longer be a question of whether [Redacted] could turn it around...

30%

I disagree. I don't know why anybody who isn't swayed so far would be swayed by the last 6 games. There should already be no question that Bz can't turn it around.

Back