• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we lose out, % that Bz is fired

The chances that Bzz gets canned if we lose out

• Total voters
If he is fired, who on earth would replace him? This job is far less attractive than it was 2 years ago, and that's when all we could get was Bzz, assuming Wellman actually targeted anyone else. 2 years ago, we were a tournament team with a top 10 class coming in. Now we're irrelevant with no end in sight.

Yeah this was what I was talking about in my other point that people continue to say and I don't think it's true at all

Even if the job is less attractive, you could still get a great coach. If Brownell came to Clemson, he would have jumped at the opportunity to coach at Wake. Brownell can coach, but he's having trouble getting players. You get a guy like that, who is good but not big name, and he'll have the right guys coming in and the program turned around quickly imo.

I think the job is less attractive. I don't think Bz was all Wellman could get. I think Bz was what Wellman wanted. I am concerned he tried to hire the most experienced coach he could get for a low price though. And I definitely think he hired with Battle and Rusty in mind.

:werd: The folks who claim we were in a hole before Bzz was hired haven't even bothered to look down into the abyss that Bzz has dug. If Bzz was "all" we could get at that time because of our supposed situation that everyone could see coming, as was claimed by many of his supporters (sort of a weird way to support a guy, by the way), then we are absolutely screwed whenever we make the next hire.

The good news is that I don't think Bzz was "all" we could have gotten last time around, and I think we can do much better this time, despite the hole Bzz has dug for the program.

Back