• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we lose out, % that Bz is fired

The chances that Bzz gets canned if we lose out

• Total voters
It's not like we were good when they committed. They signed up for the re-build. Having a non-terrible coach should be a perk.

But yeah, the recruits shouldn't be taken into consideration at all.

About a 6% chance of us losing the final 6 games, and probably something like 4% total if you include the ACCT.

If we underperform that badly and lose them all, I've got to think Wellman has to legitimately consider making the move. It would no longer be a question of whether [Redacted] could turn it around...

30%

Can you or another of the KenPom folks give us the percentage breakdown for how we're likely to finish the season?

We aren't going to lose out. We'll win at least 1 of the home games, so all the bzz-inners can walk around with their chests puffed out about how much improvement they see and how once our stable of mid-level recruits (who are all SIGNIFICANTLY better than those fuckers at Scout and Rivals would have you believe) get here, Coach [Redacted] will be rolling in wins.

I don't ever pull for Wake to lose. But if you told me that losing out would guarantee Coach [Redacted] leaving, I would consider pulling against Wake.

We aren't going to lose out. We'll win at least 1 of the home games, so all the bzz-inners can walk around with their chests puffed out about how much improvement they see and how once our stable of mid-level recruits (who are all SIGNIFICANTLY better than those fuckers at Scout and Rivals would have you believe) get here, Coach [Redacted] will be rolling in wins.

I don't ever pull for Wake to lose. But if you told me that losing out would guarantee Coach [Redacted] leaving, I would consider pulling against Wake.

I've instructed Clemson to lose to Wake. We had a decent shot at landing McKie, but Clemson can't win the recruiting battle against Wake. Keep Buzz IN, and we might be able to steal a McKie or two in the future.

I don't ever pull for Wake to lose. But if you told me that losing out would guarantee Coach [Redacted] leaving said:
I would absolutely pull against Wake the rest of the season if it would garuntee Bzzz out.

What's the alternative?...we "get hot" and close the year 2-5 and get stuck with that loser another year...or two???

"If" that was the case, I'd argue that it would ultimately produce more wins for Wake over the next two years if we lost the next 7.

Kenpom predicts: 13-17 4-12

Clemson 33% chance of winning
G tech (home) 48% chance of winning
BC 72% chance of winning
Currently ranked #204 behind teams such as Savannah St & Lispcomb

In sports, there's always a chance. See BC beating FSU last night. So I went with 10%. And we prolly won't lose out either - will prolly win 1 more. Yay for us. But the only way Bz is gone after this season is if Hatch fires Ron 1st.

BC 72% chance of winning

I never pull for us to lose, but just imagine Wellman selling the 5 game improvement in the overall record and 400% improvement in the conference record from last year....:rulz:

BC 72% chance of winning

Prior to the games last night, we were 50% against GTech and 77% against BC. Don't quite remember Clemson but probably about 35%.

I would absolutely pull against Wake the rest of the season if it would garuntee Bzzz out.

What's the alternative?...we "get hot" and close the year 2-5 and get stuck with that loser another year...or two???

"If" that was the case, I'd argue that it would ultimately produce more wins for Wake over the next two years if we lost the next 7.

Yeah. IMO, the absolute worst thing is for Bzz to eek out a few wins here and there to extend his time with us. The quicker he is out, the sooner we can start really rebuilding.

People talk about rock bottom, but losing game after game by 20+ isn't really the worst part of this. Rock bottom will be when we celebrate being a bubble team with medium talent players with big hearts and a shit coach, and claim we have turned around our program.

I disagree. I don't know why anybody who isn't swayed so far would be swayed by the last 6 games. There should already be no question that Bz can't turn it around.

We're talking about Wellman, though. The guy who has the most vested interest in the success of [Redacted].

When people have an action to defend, I've seen a great deal of crazy justifications.

Yup, Wellman hitched his wagon to a Prius.

Along the same thought...

Can someone photoshop a picture of Ron Wellman with an albatross with [Redacted]'s head around Wellman's neck?

Would be quite apt for the situation they both find themselves in right now.

not to mention how much better those recruits are going to be than the similarly rated ones bz had last year

We will not lose out. So every Wake fan who is pulling against their own team needs to temper their enthusiasm a bit.

I don't care what you think about Wellman (or what he has said previously), but he cannot possibly be the least bit pleased with this. I have to think losing out would at least lead to a convenient Bz-to-NBA "deal."

We will not lose out. So every Wake fan who is pulling against their own team needs to temper their enthusiasm a bit.

C'mon people, if we all just get behind Bz, we'll see even more improvement. Don't you realize it's our fault we're losing!:rolleyes:

(And for the record, I had already stated I didn't think we'd lose out given we have some weak opponents coming up.)

Back