• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I'm so sick and tired of talking about the road.''

They aren't going to reprimand Bz because they are handing him the rope and letting Bz do all the damage himself. They gave him the fair chance. Either he shows up and acts like a major conference coach (wins, PR, etc) after getting that chance or he doesn't. The more he acts like this the better if new coach plans are in play. Almost everything points to Bz leaving......even "I'm so sick and tired of talking about the road" which means he's getting serious pressure about it from Ron too, as should happen, and that he doesn't like it.

I'd be more worried if they were in control mode, more worried about not having a drive to sell more tickets, etc.

We see Bz, not "they" so Bz represents Wake and they are fine with it.

We see Bz, not "they" so Bz represents Wake and they are fine with it.
What in the world does that mean? Are you actually trying to say that the AD/BOD/etc don't care who represents Wake bball because they don't have to look at Bz?

No. Your argument makes no sense because Bz makes Wake look bad regardless of what they intend.

Yes it is. Although hopefully it will walk away soon (without the house).

But-No-Elephants-elephant-through-floor.jpg

I've probably read this book to my daughter a hundred times or more. BUT NO ELEPHANTS!!

Seriously though, how can the monkey be off his back since he had won a road ACC game prior to last night? Shouldn't the bar for getting the monkey off his back now by winning more than one road ACC game in a single season?

IN YEAR FOUR?????

Bless their hearts. Just trying everything to sell a shit product. Too bad there are something called road games. I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that we don't win another game vs. the other Big 4 teams this season.

Yeah, Duke is rolling right now. We might lose by 30 against them in two weeks. Snowball's chance in hell in Raleigh and Chapel Hill, too, unless McKie hits five threes again.

IN YEAR FOUR?????
"
I guess I phrased that poorly, I should have said the bar should be "at least." I was basically responding to the talk, not from us, but from the media about [Redacted] getting the road monkey off his back by winning one road game in the ACC this year and my point was he's already done that before, so how is that getting anything of monkey off his back?????

112 posts later on this, I just read Dan's story and I think Cody's remarks may have been overlooked....

"I think it was like two years before tonight since our first road win,'' Miller-McIntyre said, referencing a 71-56 victory at Boston College on Jan. 21, 2012. "And it's our first, with me being a sophomore.

"So I definitely got tired of hearing about it and I'm glad we could come in tonight and do what we had to do.''

[Redacted] had already used his best line about the road travails earlier. He's now 2-27 against ACC teams on the road.

“Well it makes the bus drive home a little nicer,’’ [Redacted] said. “In fact I was thinking about telling the bus driver to just got to Wilmington and to Charlotte and ride around so we could enjoy it before we got back home.''

Apparently I should have stopped while I was ahead.

In this one instance, yes Dan, you should have stopped.

Dan admits the post-game presser ran long and Buzz had already addressed the road record and obviously, the relief of this victory. It's not clear in Dan's story who Buzz responded to - whether it was Dan or another reporter. So the long running presser ends and Dan decides to pursue Buzz down the hall and ask what I take as a badgering and kinda dumb type question. Buzz's answer - during the presser - could have easily been " We sure hope so " and that would have been the end of it. But it wasn't asked then. It was asked as Buzz was presumedly hustling to the waiting bus. Surely Dan definately knows without asking how grating this road streak has been on Buzz....as it would on anyone. Buzz got a little ticked-off....no biggy but ticked-off. IMO, Dan didn't think. He piled-on....perhaps innocently but certainly unnecessarily.

Again, in this one instance, Dan gets a bogey and Buzz gets a pass.

On to a big one on Saturday. 13,000+....the student section going nuts....the band blastin'....and the Claw gets the standing O at the half.

GO DEACS !....BEAT DA IRISH !

Last edited:
dan didn't pile on. let me interview bz if you want to see piling on.

112 posts later on this, I just read Dan's story and I think Cody's remarks may have been overlooked....

In this one instance, yes Dan, you should have stopped.

Dan admits the post-game presser ran long and Buzz had already addressed the road record and obviously, the relief of this victory. It's not clear in Dan's story who Buzz responded to - whether it was Dan or another reporter. So the long running presser ends and Dan decides to pursue Buzz down the hall and ask what I take as a badgering and kinda dumb type question. Buzz's answer - during the presser - could have easily been " We sure hope so " and that would have been the end of it. But it wasn't asked then. It was asked as Buzz was presumedly hustling to the waiting bus. Surely Dan definately knows without asking how grating this road streak has been on Buzz....as it would on anyone. Buzz got a little ticked-off....no biggy but ticked-off. IMO, Dan didn't think. He piled-on....perhaps innocently but certainly unnecessarily.

Again, in this one instance, Dan gets a bogey and Buzz gets a pass.

On to a big one on Saturday. 13,000+....the student section going nuts....the band blastin'....and the Claw gets the standing O at the half.

GO DEACS !....BEAT DA IRISH !

Wrong. Dan is ostensibly THE Wake beat writer. And with all due respect to the [Redacted] apologists, his fucking pathetic road record is pretty much the big story. What else is there to talk about? It's the gorilla in the room and Wake's main beat writer had goddamned well better ask about it- repeatedly. What do you think 99% of this board would do? Coddle [Redacted] and not badger him? Christ, milhouse alone would be so far up his ass he'd bump into the colon polyp known as Moonz.

Dan catches shit here for appearing to go too easy on [Redacted]. Now he catches shit for asking the tough questions which need asking. To paraphrase Jay Bilas (among many others) if you're pissing off both sides, you're doing your job.

Dan probably caught wind of [Redacted]'s terrible road record for the first time that day, so he felt the need to hammer it home

Wrong. Dan is ostensibly THE Wake beat writer. And with all due respect to the [Redacted] apologists, his fucking pathetic road record is pretty much the big story. What else is there to talk about? It's the gorilla in the room and Wake's main beat writer had goddamned well better ask about it- repeatedly. What do you think 99% of this board would do? Coddle [Redacted] and not badger him? Christ, milhouse alone would be so far up his ass he'd bump into the colon polyp known as Moonz.

Dan catches shit here for appearing to go too easy on [Redacted]. Now he catches shit for asking the tough questions which need asking. To paraphrase Jay Bilas (among many others) if you're pissing off both sides, you're doing your job.

What makes Bzzz's response even worse to me is that Dan was asking after a road win. You'd think Bzzz would be happy to talk after a road win about how this could give them some confidence going forward playing on the road and some other coach speak. Instead he comes off as a complete jerk. I would've expected this type of response from Bzzzz after yet another road loss, but not after a rare road win.

"
I guess I phrased that poorly, I should have said the bar should be "at least." I was basically responding to the talk, not from us, but from the media about [Redacted] getting the road monkey off his back by winning one road game in the ACC this year and my point was he's already done that before, so how is that getting anything of monkey off his back?????

I wasn't arguing that you were wrong, I was lamenting that you were right.

After thinking about this for days, I see Dan in a new light. He published a quote that Bz probably thought was off the record. I'm guessing Dan is dead to Wellman and Bz right now and I look forward to what comes next.

Back