• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
Is Obama pulling a Brer Rabbit (don't throw me in that brier patch!)?

This whole thing seems silly

Come on, Go. You know better.

I mean, the President sure do be likin those collard greens and pig's feet, don't he?

Get your minds out of the racial gutter, jesus. Brier patch is the exact correct analogy, I can't think of a better one.

I don't really understand the question

Sorry, the brier patch story is when Brer Rabbit convinces his foes to throw him a brier patch as a punishment. When they do he's really fooling them because he lives and loves the briar patch.

In this instance, President Obama seems like he's begging to the R's to impeach him before the November midterm.

I guess I just thought of another, is this a Rope-a-Dope?

A Rope-A-Dope is what Ali used to defeat Foreman, there's a whole doc about it called "We were Kings" and there's also that shitty biopic called Ali starring a hulked up Will Smith.

Sorry, the brier patch story is when Brer Rabbit convinces his foes to throw him a brier patch as a punishment. When they do he's really fooling them because he lives and loves the briar patch.

In this instance, President Obama seems like he's begging to the R's to impeach him before the November midterm.

Kenya is a briar patch?

Palin totally hosed the GOP, especially Boehner. GOP is looking at taking over the Senate and adding seats in the House and the timing is insane. Reminds me of Leon Lett high stepping toward the end zone and having the ball knocked away for a touch back in the the Super Bowl. Nearly two thirds of Americans are against impeachment and the GOP would need 22 Dems/Indys in the Senate to convict now. Likely would need at least 13 in 2015. Boehner isn't going to reverse himself and move for impeachment now, but he'll force a vote of the law suit next week (ahead of border and VA issues) before the recess. Looks like a nice bookend to 40+ pointless votes on repealing Obamacare. Don't think the Dems are adept enough to avoid losing seats, but the threat of impeachment will drive up Dem turnout during the midterms. White House can barely contain their glee at making Palin the face of the GOP. Tea Party will leave winnable Senate seats on the table for the third consecutive election because of stupid tactics. Same shit will continue until the GOP completely neuters the Tea Party.

Kenya is a briar patch?

The brier patch in this case would be R's going for impeachment, which triggers D's to get to the polls and hold off mid-term disaster

The brier patch in this case would be R's going for impeachment, which triggers D's to get to the polls and hold off mid-term disaster

So electing Republicans is a disaster?

A Rope-A-Dope is what Ali used to defeat Foreman, there's a whole doc about it called "We were Kings" and there's also that shitty biopic called Ali starring a hulked up Will Smith.

Obama = Cassius Clay?

And why would he be doing that? Because you morons are trying to shore up the tea party crowd with this dog and pony show impeachment/suing whatever the hell the plan is to accomplish absolutely nothing beneficial to the American public. Good call. You all should have never traded Steve Schmidt for Rove.

Stop reasoning with the racial fetish community. EVERYTHING is racist. Everything.

And why would he be doing that? Because you morons are trying to shore up the tea party crowd with this dog and pony show impeachment/suing whatever the hell the plan is to accomplish absolutely nothing beneficial to the American public. Good call. You all should have never traded Steve Schmidt for Rove.

Jump to Conclusions mat...

I actually think the impeachment thing is probably the worst idea since Dumb and Dumber To and I am quite disenchanted w/ my party right now.

Reactions: ONW
Back