• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment

I got this.

caneFu_single.jpg

Steve Scalise, allegedly the Tea Party choice to replace Boehner, was on Fox News Sunday and Chris Wallace asked him three times about impeachment. Scalise blamed all the impeachment discussion as being floated by the White House. Tea Party can't force impeachment now and probably doesn't have the votes to elect a Speaker who will support it in January. Will be interesting to see how the Tea Party votes on suing Obama-will they reject as a half measure or take it as the best possible outcome?

I thought he replaced Cantor. Regardless, yeah, that segment was unbearable. When you're pissing off Wallace on Fox News by not even attempting to answer his questions and you are a Republican...that's a problem.

Wallace was literally laughing at him and gave him multiple opportunities to answer any question he asked without total BS. Scalise wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
McCarthy replaced Cantor and Scalise replaced McCarthy. I'd heard that Scalise was the Tea Party's choice to replace Boehner, so I was kinda surprised he didn't say he was all over impeachment. Despite the Tea Party and the Dem bases fondest wishes, I don't see impeachment happening. Neither Boehner nor Bob Goodlatte, the House Judiciary Chair, want impeachment, so I don't see how it even comes up for a committee vote unless both are replaced. Steve King, Gohmert, Issa, and Trey Gowdy are on the Judiciary Committee, so there probably are enough votes for it to advance to the floor for a vote. If the Tea Party doesn't have enough votes to replace Cantor with one of their people, don't see how they have the votes to elect impeachment-friendly leadership. Will be highly entertaining if/when House leadership formally does tell Palin to STFU by passing on impeachment.

Reactions: ONW
Plus there is the fact that they don't have any basis for impeachment.

I think this weekend in Chicago was actually a "people violence" issue. Come on JHMD. We all know that it's a people problem. Nothing a little two parent household with personal responsibility can't solve.

you forgot bootstraps (unless it was implied then i apologize)

slipping further and further

tj has fully surpassed you now, and lectro is vying for second as we speak

however, i would love to talk about solving the chicago gun violence crisis

i believe your current party line is arming everyone further, no?

Everyone refers only to the true Americans

We prefer to be called "nerds," tj, not dorks. Just a heads up, re: your rep.

Nerds don't have enough of themselves invested in an internet message board to keep sending foul-mouthed neg reps for no reason, Townie. Only a dork, a dink, or a doink would do that.

Nerds don't have enough of themselves invested in an internet message board to keep sending foul-mouthed neg reps for no reason, Townie. Only a dork, a dink, or a doink would do that.

:foreveralone:

Between Scalise and Will, Wallace looked like he was just waiting for Priebus to jump out of the clown car and tell him he got punked.

The RNC would take Steele back in a second if they were smart.

I think Obama's going to make some move on refugee status for immigrants and basically dare the Tea Party to bring articles of impeachment.

I get the feeling Steele is much better pontificating behind a desk than running a party. Better than Priebus though. Losing Wisconsin despite having the Walker momentum and Ryan on the ticket should be been his swan song.

I think Obama's going to make some move on refugee status for immigrants and basically dare the Tea Party to bring articles of impeachment.

I don't get the feeling he wants it. Democrats want it, so he may do it for some good will and to get people to the polls in November, but I don't think he wants it himself.

No question a Dem win on refugees with lots of shots of angry white people railing on and on about evil brown children will play well with the Dem base.

No President wants impeachment on his record, but Obama also knows there's no chance of a conviction and it never even comes up for a committee vote as long as Boehner and Goodlatte are in their current positions. Obama also knows that will splinter the GOP even more since the Tea Party doesn't have the votes to make Gohmert Speaker and Steve King Judiciary Chair.

Priebus has been MIA. Tea Party's livid that he's let Chris McDaniel twist in the wind and he hasn't said a peep on immigration. Even Reince knows the immigration optics are horrible for the GOP, just like they were during the 2012 debates. Same reason that Obama and Biden steered clear of Madison when the WI legislature fled. At some point you have to tell your base to STFU, especially when it alienates the middle of the national electorate.

Back