• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment

Not sure about Steel's organizational skills, but he is a factor of ten better than Priebus in front of a camera.

the name reinhold reince priebus just screams douchebag

It does sound like he's a Roman Senator.

Maximus Priebus Douchebagious has the floor.

Not sure about Steel's organizational skills, but he is a factor of ten better than Priebus in front of a camera.

I've forgotten a lot of it, but what I heard about Steele's time in the RNC was like amateur hour. Of course, he did lead their 2010 gains.

I've forgotten a lot of it, but what I heard about Steele's time in the RNC was like amateur hour. Of course, he did lead their 2010 gains.

Not nearly as much as President Obama did.

Steele is pretty calm and rational when he's on panels, but he did have more than a few fuck ups as RNC Chair:

-Chastised Obama for "choosing to go into Afghanistan and fight a land war in Asia".
-Left a huge deficit at the RNC. Most famous example was some RNC operatives dropping a bundle at a "bondage nightclub" in West Hollywood.

Priebus was an RNC attorney and his claim to fame was finding a legal way to funnel Koch Brothers money into Wisconsin to get little known Scott Walker elected. Reince's election over Steele was heavily aided by the Haley Barbour and his nephew.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/obama-impeachment-msnbc-fox-news/

Democrats Are Way More Obsessed With Impeachment Than Republicans

So far in July, there have been 10 mentions of the term “impeachment” in Congress and four others of the term “impeach.” Eleven of the 14 mentions have been made by Democratic rather than Republican members of Congress, however.

Impeachment chatter has also become common on cable news. On Fox News this month, Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor, called for Obama’s impeachment, for instance. But for every mention of impeachment on Fox News in July, there have been five on liberal-leaning MSNBC.

silver-datalab-impeach-11.png

Jon Stewart has mentioned impeachment a lot too. The difference between MSNBC and Faux News mentioning "impeachment" is that MSNBC is talking about how crazy it is vs. Faux News thinking it's justified and rational.

Speaking of impeachment, a key figure in Nixon's impeachment died yesterday. In 1974 Caldwell Butler was a freshman congressman from Virginia and member of the house judiciary committee. His remarks leading up to his vote in favor of impeachment made the evening news on all three networks and most of the major newspapers.

"For years we Republicans have campaigned against corruption and misconduct in the administration of the Government of the United States by the other party.

“But Watergate is our shame. Those things happened in the Republican administration while we had a Republican in the White House and every single person convicted to date has one way or the other owed allegiance to the Republican Party.

“We cannot indulge ourselves the luxury of patronizing or excusing the misconduct of our own people. These things have happened in our house and it is our responsibility to do what we can to clear it up. It is we, not the Democrats, who must demonstrate that we are capable of enforcing the high standards we would set for them.

“In short, power appears to have corrupted. It is a sad chapter in American history, but I cannot condone what I have heard; I cannot excuse it, and I cannot and will not stand still for it.”

Jon Stewart has mentioned impeachment a lot too. The difference between MSNBC and Faux News mentioning "impeachment" is that MSNBC is talking about how crazy it is vs. Faux News thinking it's justified and rational.

But all either i really doing is attempting to rally their bases.

Speaking of impeachment, a key figure in Nixon's impeachment died yesterday. In 1974 Caldwell Butler was a freshman congressman from Virginia and member of the house judiciary committee. His remarks leading up to his vote in favor of impeachment made the evening news on all three networks and most of the major newspapers.

"For years we Republicans have campaigned against corruption and misconduct in the administration of the Government of the United States by the other party.

“But Watergate is our shame. Those things happened in the Republican administration while we had a Republican in the White House and every single person convicted to date has one way or the other owed allegiance to the Republican Party.

“We cannot indulge ourselves the luxury of patronizing or excusing the misconduct of our own people. These things have happened in our house and it is our responsibility to do what we can to clear it up. It is we, not the Democrats, who must demonstrate that we are capable of enforcing the high standards we would set for them.

“In short, power appears to have corrupted. It is a sad chapter in American history, but I cannot condone what I have heard; I cannot excuse it, and I cannot and will not stand still for it.”

I guess that 40 years ago we still elected some people with some integrity. Too bad we stopped doing that about 20 years ago.

I guess that 40 years ago we still elected some people with some integrity. Too bad we stopped doing that about 20 years ago.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle had guts back then and voted for the good of the country. Those days are long gone and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Back