• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In-N-Out Burger

RaleighDeacon

Reaction score
So I am in Santa Clara for a few days for work. I really don't eat at fast food places anymore, but I have never been to an In-N-Out Burger in my life. There is one just down the street from my hotel.

What say ye, Pit. Do I forgo healthy eating have at the In-N-Out Burger while I am here in Cali? If it's worth it, what do you recommend?

double/double combo with a chocolate shake (substitute for a soda(

It's overrated, but it's still pretty good. RJ is correct in that the double-double is superior. Get your fries Animal Style just so you can say you got something Animal Style.

Prediction: you'll be underwhelmed.

they're right..it's ok...not great...try the Mexican place.....

Honestly, there's so much ridiculous Asian food in that area that you'd be an idiot not to find some. Do you have a car?

Here's a very good piece of info-don't believe anyone up there if they give you directions.

If you are there by yourself eat in the bar at La Paloma. The fajitas are good...very fresh...get pico de gallo and guac...

I was. Went to one in SD. Its good but nothing surreal or must have.

yeah this was pretty much my experience. is it a really good fast food burger? yes. is it nearly as good as Californians make it out to be? absolutely not.

i wonder if people from outside NC feel the same way about Cookout

yeah this was pretty much my experience. is it a really good fast food burger? yes. is it nearly as good as Californians make it out to be? absolutely not.

i wonder if people from outside NC feel the same way about Cookout

If they do, they are wrong. Nuggets are a SIDE.

They started opening a bunch of In N Outs here in Texas. Started with one in Garland a few years ago as a test, I guess, and then opened a bunch more about a year ago all around DFW. Good (but messy) burgers. Underwhelming fries. Shakes are fine. But for all the hype, you can get equally good burgers at a few fast food joints around here. I can see how In N Out can be addictive, though.

I can't remember the last time I went to IN N Out....tey're ok

Honestly, there's so much ridiculous Asian food in that area that you'd be an idiot not to find some. Do you have a car?

I do have a car, but will probably only have one night to go out on my own for dinner and shit. So I need to make it count!

I don't know the Asian laces like BDZ, but La Paloma is worthwhile.

what you doing in santa clara - i live in palo alto

Out here Today through Wednesday night for work. Took on a new role for the company I consult with as of last Wednesday and I'm out here to meet the new team, have two days of meetings and then take a red eye home. Not exactly fun, but maybe one night I'll have free.

See if there is a Chili's at the airport...you get a double for $3 more...good for red eyes.

Back