• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In-N-Out Burger

There's a a storefront around the corner that makes everything from scratch. Their steak quesadilla is great. Their salsa go from mildly hot to take the roof off your mouth. They even have the Mexican sodas and a couple of unusual Mexican beers.

Awesome, Next time I'm out there, I'll need directions. Seriously, those were my favorite eateries in my trips.

They just opened a Five Guys in HB. I went to their online ordering. it's $9.18 for a cheeseburger and Cajun fries. That's big money for a fast food place.

They just opened a Five Guys in HB. I went to their online ordering. it's $9.18 for a cheeseburger and Cajun fries. That's big money for a fast food place.

Well that's technically a double cheeseburger (you have to get the jr. for a single) and enough fries for two people easily. But you're right, it is kind of expensive, part of the reason I don't really consider it a fast food restaurant.

At those prices I'd go to a regular restaurant.

I mean, the burger is better than some "regular" restaurants as it is. What makes a restaurant regular btw?

You're looking at closer to 15 total for a burger each for two people and then you split the fries because they come in a huge bag. That's pretty cost effective for a good burger, especially if you take advantage of the multitude of toppings.

Five Guys isn't supposed to be fast food. It's kinda like Fuddrucker's or something

Um, Five Guys is fast food.

Nah, I wouldn't count it as that. The majority of them don't even have drive thru windows (generally my requirement for a place to be "fast food"). Your food is cooked to order. What are your requirements/criteria for fast food?

$9? the fries are usually way too much for one person

I don't get 5 Guys' serving size for fries. It's entirely too much for a single serving. I'm saying this as a guy that can shove down some fries, but I usually have some left and if I don't, I'm in great a good deal of pain.

Um, Five Guys is fast food.

5 Guys is fast casual, like Fuddruckers, WhichWich, Baja Fresh, etc. You place an order and then you go to a seat because it takes too long to just stand at the counter for it. Also, it is made to order. Therefore, not fast food.

5 Guys is fast casual, like Fuddruckers, WhichWich, Baja Fresh, etc. You place an order and then you go to a seat because it takes too long to just stand at the counter for it. Also, it is made to order. Therefore, not fast food.

This sounds like my experiences at Jack-in-the-Box, which I'm pretty sure also makes its food made to order, but I would definitely characterize it as fast food.

If you go to a counter ot order and there is no wait staff, it's fast food (or a buffet).

You guys can parse it any way you want, but Five Guys is most definitely fast food.

It has to have a drive thru on most of its restaurants to be considered fast food imo.

That Wikipedia entry is lame. But even so, Five Guys fails at "Upscale or highly developed decor."

Back