• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In-N-Out Burger

Giant tubs of peanuts aren't upscale to you?

Do they sell giant tubs of peanuts or just giant tubs of peanut oil?

I have a use for the former, the latter, not so much.

Nah, I don't consider that fast food. There's nothing fast about having to go inside, have a sandwich put together ingredient by handpicked ingredient, and then eating it. It's a cheap sandwich, but not fast food imo.

Hijack - anyone ever been to a BurgerFi? One coming to Raleigh soon. Never even heard of it before now.

Wanted to bump this question...I saw one in Cary last month and it was packed but I don't know anything about it.

Nah, I don't consider that fast food. There's nothing fast about having to go inside, have a sandwich put together ingredient by handpicked ingredient, and then eating it. It's a cheap sandwich, but not fast food imo.

Are you not understanding the basic definition of "fast food"? It's food, and you get it fast. None of this other bs, like drive thru's, going inside, etc., matter. The essence of the fast food definition is food that you get immediately after ordering. No way is Subway not fast food. It's as fast, if not faster, than any other fast food restaurant.

Smashburger was also pretty good when I tried it in Denver a few weeks ago. Colorado Style with about 1/2lb of green chilies on it. Better than 5 Guys, IMO. Had no idea there was one in Charlotte until after our trip.

I had smashburger in Louisville a couple months back - I liked the burgers, but the fries did not compare to Five Guys (which are essentially boardwalk fries begging for malt vinegar :drool:).

The CLT location is the only one in the state. I hoPe they expand to the Triad.

Had a double-double on Friday after I got off the airplane; greatly enjoyed it.

What about the drive-thru Subwizzle on Reynolda? I mean its fast as woah. I freaking love it.

Are you not understanding the basic definition of "fast food"? It's food, and you get it fast. None of this other bs, like drive thru's, going inside, etc., matter. The essence of the fast food definition is food that you get immediately after ordering. No way is Subway not fast food. It's as fast, if not faster, than any other fast food restaurant.

How is ordering your sandwich piece by piece fast? It's not like McD's where like 50% of the stuff on their menu is sitting under a warmer ready to be handed to you. I can maaaaaaybe see Subway being classified that way since the food is all pre-cooked, but not Five Guys.

Is any local deli or sandwich shop also considered fast food in your mind?

What about the drive-thru Subwizzle on Reynolda? I mean its fast as woah. I freaking love it.

That's why I said majority of restaurants, there are some exceptions. I didn't know we had a drive-thru one in Winston though. Good to knoes I guess.

If someone said for you to pick up some fast food and you brought back Subway people would be confused.

Seriously, anyone who asks for fast food and doesn't come back with something out of a vending machine is dead to me.

If you consider Subway as a fast food restaurant, then you basically have to consider every mom and pop deli or sandwich shop fast food as well. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Back