• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana -5

Jessie Bates is a stud. I did not realize we play a 4-2-5 with 3 safeties.

We've only been playing it for 3 years now.:thumbsup:

Seriously though the pass defense has been suspect. Watson is a good corner, no Kevin Johnson though. Henderson is getting picked on a good bit, hopefully he continues to get better. I think Bates is definitely going to be a big time player for us, already is really.

Last edited:
We've only been playing it for 3 years now.:thumbsup:

Seriously though the pass defense has been suspect. Watson is a good corner, no Kevin Johnson though. Henderson is getting picked on a good bit, hopefully he continues to get better. I think Bates is definitely going to be a big time player for us, already is really.

What's the issue with Dionte Austin? I didn't realize he was injured..

He played.

He was definitely on the sidelines in uniform/pads. I thought he played pretty well last year for true frosh, especially considering how slight he was. I am pretty sure he didn't have a game as bad as Henderson did today.

Thanks guys. I just didn't hear his name called and Henderson seemed to be in all the time (who I felt had a fairly bad game). Need to look at the depth chart I guess.

Austin got beat for one of the long plays down the sideline.

Everyone in the secondary got beat today that I can recall except Janvion. Watson and Bates each had big games in their own right but also got beat pretty bad on some long throws.

He played a gutsy game, but not a particularly good game. 16-29 for 172, missed a few passes, was bailed out on the TD catch by Wade. He made just enough plays to win. But let's not kid ourselves. We got 5 ints and a blocked FG and still had to recover an onside kick to win. A large part of that was his inability to consistently move the ball down the field.

This is a joke, right? Wolford had 2 rushing TDs and 1 passing with no turnovers. If Hinton has that game, everyone's thrilled. Plus we did win. Hinton does look to be the better of the two but Wolford had a good game. And wasn't against an FBS opponent..

Plus Wolford had the incredible left handed completion to keep the drive alive, had no fumbles, made great decisions when to hand off and when to keep. He played a great game. Gym rat.

The hate for Wolford is too much, the kid balled out big time today.

Wolford is a tough, gutsy kid. His game isn't pretty, but with more confidence he could prove to be more effective than anyone expects. His runs were huge today.

Hinton is better, but Wolford deserves a ton of credit for his play today.

Hinton is better. But people tend to underrate his passing ability, and they tend to underrate Wolford's running ability.

Back