• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indictment of Jeff [Redacted]

pourdeac has been peddling this nonsense for 3 years now and nobody is buying it.
Yeah...well included in all of that "nonsense" I peddled was the notion that Bz wouldn't fit with the existing players/recruits that basically all left, that retaining the coaches was a bad idea which is now obvious, that Dino got the shaft and again now obvious, that Wellman fucked up with the coaching change and that he should be fired which took 3 years to catch on, and Bz's teams can't rebound, a stat that I dug up and is now gospel.

But nobody buys any of that, right Chris?

What does "lose their entire starting lineup this year" have to do with anything? We lost our entire TEAM in Years 1 and 2.
What does it have to do with anything? Oh, I don't know. Maybe an example that you can have almost a brand new team and still be competitive with good coaching? What happened in [Redacted]'s 1st recruiting class? Anthony Fields, Chase Fischer, and Daniel Green. What a winning bunch that is.

Your comic relief is great though. Keep posting.

Last edited:
Funny -- I was just thinking when I saw the 1-25 statistic, when the fuck did we ever win 1? I honestly have no idea. Did we win @ BC or @ VT a couple years ago?

It's more fun when you say things like "After one ACC road game, Jamie Dixon has as many ACC road wins as Bzdelick has accumulated in four seasons."

The won loss records speak for themselves, especially the road record. 2-48 or 1-28, whatever metric you choose, it is almost incomprehensible. We know [Redacted] cannot coach.

I truly believe I could be the head coach and with the ACC affiliation, our facilities, and Battle, Larue, and Childress as my assistant coaches , I could beat almost all of the teams on our schedule to date.

What bothers me as much as losing is that we continue to pay [Redacted] over a million dolars a year to be our head basketball coach. A head coach should be able to pull things together and elevate his program to a higher level. A head coach should be a leader, someone respected by his players, someone who can recruit and help his assistants close the deal on sought after players. A head coach should put people in the seats, should me a motivator, should be able to relate with fans and supporters, should be an impressive spokesperson with the media, should be an asset for fund-raising and garnering alumnae support. Jeff [Redacted] is none of this and never will be.

Every game [Redacted] continues to coach for Wake Forest is an embarrassment and gut punch to many of us who have supported our atheltic program for decades and decades. Ron Wellman's hiring of this bufoon was bad enough, but his continued support in the face of the ongoing blatant inability of Jeff [Redacted] to function as a head basketball coach is obscene.

I have found myself unable and uwilling to financially support and attend games for the first time in over 40 years. It is way past time for this charade to end and bring in a competent and capable head coach who can begin to restore this train wreck back to some semblance of respectability.

A very simple question- In the TV era, has there ever been a coach, in a major conference, with a 3+ year or 4+ year road record that approaches [Redacted]'s?

It was only two years, but Dwane Morrison went 12-41 (.226) overall and 1-27 (.036) in conference in Ga Tech's first two years in the ACC. He didnt get a third year in the ACC because they fired him and hired Bobby Cremins.

To be clear, Morrison was HC at GT for eight years, with a record of 91-122.

It was only two years, but Dwane Morrison went 12-41 (.226) overall and 1-27 (.036) in conference in Ga Tech's first two years in the ACC. He didnt get a third year in the ACC because they fired him and hired Bobby Cremins.

To be clear, Morrison was HC at GT for eight years, with a record of 91-122.

I remember when one of those first GT teams came to WS. Wake had matching Pony sneakers. GT players shoes didn't match at all. Everybody basically wore their own basketball shoes. That pretty much tells you the support that GT hoops received pre-Cremins.

I've taken quite a bit of shit for being on the fence about Bzz, most notably from Woody, Childress, and Strickland. After last night and Xavier, I'm officially Bzzout. It's time for someone competent that can gameplan, motivate, make adjustments, keep his composure, and generally avoid assrape on the road.

I've taken quite a bit of shit for being on the fence about Bzz, most notably from Woody, Childress, and Strickland. After last night and Xavier, I'm officially Bzzout. It's time for someone competent that can gameplan, motivate, make adjustments, keep his composure, and generally avoid assrape on the road.

Welcome to the dark side. All shit was given only because I care.

I agree with almost everything you're saying, so how could I be spinning things? All those failures will likely result in an insufficient W-L record this year and he'll be gone. Things will have played out. You're reading spin into it.

It's just amazing how many people bow up on the notion that it might be the right thing to do to just let it play out under a fair set of circumstances. Most coaches get 3 years to produce, and I believed the 4th was needed given Wellman's fuck up during the transition (I don't blame Wellman's decisions on Bz). That's all that it really boils down to..and it's just out of flat principle. You guys act as if I want him to get a lifetime contract.

It seems like your basic argument is that [Redacted] shouldn't be judged for years 1 and 2 because he was simply doing exactly what Wellman asked him to do. I and others have said that we highly doubt that is the case. Wellman surely set some parameters and priorities but I doubt he sat down and mandated everything [Redacted] did.

Even assuming he was asked to "clean up" the program, or to recruit certain types of players, or to run off certain types of players, his first two years were unacceptable. There is just no excuse whatsoever for going 8-24 with the team we had that year.

If Wellman was calling all the shots for the first two years and [Redacted] was simply following instructions his coaching ability should be judged for that as well.

If Wellman and the powers the be did not like the types of players that Dino was recruiting, why go to all the trouble of flying around and arranging meetings and trying to save Dino's recruits? Was all that just for show and pro forma? I can't believe that Wake would be so irresponsible with the lives and careers of young athletes. This is our AD culture?

Where have you been the past 3 and a 1/2 years? We've been dealing with those issues from him for some time now.

Where have you been the past 3 and a 1/2 years? We've been dealing with those issues from him for some time now.

I wanted to see if anything changed regarding road performance from last year to this year. Xavier was concerning, Virginia was terrifying.

It takes some folks a while to open their eyes and view the universe with some level of objectivity. Apparently pourman continues to be unable to do this and instead prefers to revel in stupidity.

I wanted to see if anything changed regarding road performance from last year to this year. Xavier was concerning, Virginia was terrifying.

You had better start thinking now about new adjectives with Pitt coming up tomorrow.

It seems like your basic argument is that [Redacted] shouldn't be judged for years 1 and 2 because he was simply doing exactly what Wellman asked him to do. I and others have said that we highly doubt that is the case. Wellman surely set some parameters and priorities but I doubt he sat down and mandated everything [Redacted] did.

Hell, even if Wellman told Buzz he didn't give a damn about wins, there's a huge gap between "not winning" and "losing epically". Buzz did the latter. Whether there was an expectation of wins or not, we still lost (in some cases by huge amounts) to teams that had far less talent and skill than we did. Being told you won't be judged on wins/losses isn't the same thing as checking out and not trying. If the goal was to build a foundation, you've got to assume he was doing his best to coach the players he had. And if he was coaching, he was failing miserably at it. You can still judge his coaching ability by the wins/losses we had, even if his job security wasn't dependent on how many wins/losses he had. He showed early on that he wasn't even close to the "coach them up" X's and O's genius that he was purported to be. We have regularly underperformed during his entire tenure.

Last edited:
"He showed early on that he wasn't even close to the "coach them up" X's and O's genius that he was purported to be." Prime case in point, Racer, would be McKie's career.

Back