• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Infinite Jest Mafia - Gouda hands the CIVs a win

Fuckin' RMP did amazing for his first game. As mafia, I knew he was civ - but I think I would have believed him even if I was a civ. His growth curve was so organic. Day 1, "wtf is happening." By the time he was killed, he sounded like a real player. I would have had a hard time lynching him as a civ.

I thought so as well. Will be interesting to see how mako, RMP, d14 do when they're mafia or have a special role (1-shot cop notwithstanding, d14).

Tim! How did you not watch me the night I died?

That was the other reason I didn't protect him. I figured he was the obvious watch for Tim and I didn't want to have to claim yet. If he got hit (likely if his claim were true), it would have show 2 visitors which would have caused a shitshow the next day. I figured, If he gets hit, we learn mafia and if he doesn't he's likely false claiming but, again, it was just me overthinking. That is the reason for my WTF? post at tim the next day.

Goddamn I am on a hot streak nailing maf. I was bad early with bym and d14 and totally missed juice but think I pretty much nailed everyone else either in thread or dead chat. Also parlay at end game threw me for a loop but we had the benefit of dead chat too.

Numbers I talked a lot of shit early but idk if I’d have made it as far as you did with that role and you did about as well as you could possibly have done in end game. Seriously good stuff.

Guessing maf also shat on balance but we rolled Ph so it evens out.

Nonny was great too

Gg all

Told deadchat I missed the last few rounds driving my wife to the hospital. I can’t go to ultrasound appointments now but I got a vid today and got go see my boy’s heartbeat, which is the best thing that’s happened to me this quarantine.

Mafia is just about the only distraction I have during the workday so thx for the good games.

Would welcome suggestions for how to deal with night talking AAs and dumb telling as I put several hours into writing the LOTR game.

Goddamn I am on a hot streak nailing maf. I was bad early with bym and d14 and totally missed juice but think I pretty much nailed everyone else either in thread or dead chat. Also parlay at end game threw me for a loop but we had the benefit of dead chat too.

I think you bit into Gooner’s play on me.

I mentioned it in deadchat, but I’ve been writing my intro before I get my role for every game of this season, save the first.

I have no solutions for night-talking or dumb tells (obv, see last two games), but I would highly reco using google sheets and the vote tabulator that Toogs introduced me to. Makes life so much easier. And if you’re co-modding I would def use google sheets with a sheet for all the night moves laid out.

I think you bit into Gooner’s play on me.

I mentioned it in deadchat, but I’ve been writing my intro before I get my role for every game of this season, save the first.

wait. People plan out their intro posts?

Back