• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inflation up 11.9% in two years with Biden

It is controlled in part by the moron in office who quit drilling and thus allowed gas prices to rise. Prior POTUS had us oil independent. This idiot thinks he can make us go straight to EV, wind and solar. Thus OPEC controls again and gas has almost doubled since Biden took office. But only fucking moron can’t see that I guess. Those numbers don’t lie. Dems hate it when facts come out about gas prices or numbers crossing the border since Biden took office.
BREAKING: Biden to set new record in US oil production for 2023 beating Trump

BREAKING: Biden to set new record in US oil production for 2023 beating Trump
Existing federal projects from the 2010’s. American Petroleum Institute remains critical of Biden Administration’s regulatory efforts in the falling number of federal lease permits approved & acreage leased. Same with mineral miners.
Meanwhile Biden’s average gas price is now $3.86.

I like when people measure gas prices from the end of 2020. Wasn't there something else going on that was lowering demand?

American Petroleum Institute remains critical of Biden Administration’s regulatory efforts in the falling number of federal lease permits approved & acreage leased.
oh? oh. Does the American Petroleum Institute remain critical of Joe Biden? Really? Well guess what, the American Petroleum Institute doesn’t set gas prices, and most importantly, who gives a flying fuck what the American Petroleum Institute thinks? It’s a goddamn oil lobbying group. They can fuck off into the sun.

Don’t care about the rest of the G20. We all live here under BidenWorld where bread has gone up 21.73% ($1.09) since he took office.
Gas was $2.31 and is now $4.19 (81%) increase. Thanks for not stopping the drilling Joe!!
Objectively Joe Biden is a joke to the rest of the G20, the world and anybody else who sees him stumble & bumble in front of them.

We operate in a global economy.

Existing federal projects from the 2010’s. American Petroleum Institute remains critical of Biden Administration’s regulatory efforts in the falling number of federal lease permits approved & acreage leased. Same with mineral miners.
Meanwhile Biden’s average gas price is now $3.86.
This means two things:
1. Thanks, Obama.
2. I guess we can blame the Biden deficits on the Trump tax cuts. Biden has reduced the deficit by 60% FYI.

BONUS: Presidents don't set gas prices.

Don’t care about the rest of the G20. We all live here under BidenWorld where bread has gone up 21.73% ($1.09) since he took office.
Gas was $2.31 and is now $4.19 (81%) increase. Thanks for not stopping the drilling Joe!!
Objectively Joe Biden is a joke to the rest of the G20, the world and anybody else who sees him stumble & bumble in front of them.
Please don’t get vaccinated. COVID-19, shingles, pneumococcus…it doesn’t matter. That shit is poison that the MSM is pushing on you so the libtards can control you with their 5G injectible nanobots. Antibiotics are also fake. Haldol is acceptable for what ails ya.

So much conflation of issues in this thread on both sides. Many things can all be true and contribute to issues. Both sides here are picking stats to suit their objectives by starting at a false spot.

First this notion that Biden has lowered the deficit by 60% should be put in the context of COVID. We closed the entire country and handed out a shit load of cash. The deficit in 2019 was a bit under 1T USD. It exploded to over 3T in 2020 bc of a “black swan” event. Last year it stood at almost 1.4T. This year it was projected to be about 1.6T. Based on last year that’s 40% growth in 3 years even if it is well off the crazy 2020 number. Let’s not pretend that Biden has not sought an expansive fiscal spending program. He has. And if you are against expansive fiscal spending you can absolutely question the level and manner of spending undertaken in both 2020 and 2021 (one was under Trump and the other under Biden). And anyone wanting to give Trump credit for reigning in spending prior to COVID would also be an abject liar. The deficit was worse every year of his Presidency even as tax receipts reached all time highs.

Second is this notion you can also cherry pick price increases since we were in the initial depths of COVID as evidence inflation is all on Biden. Again, take it in the context of COVID. For fucks sake oil for a small period of time was negative on the price scale.

Inflation in the wake of COVID was driven not only by explosive expansionary monetary policy from the Fed and expansionary fiscal spending but also by supply side shocks (it got a lot harder to obtain commodities, components and finished goods as COVID ground on globally). And no President had to power to control those shocks.

44% of Americans claim they’re worse off financially since 9 months into COVID?

No I’m not worried about that poll.

I don’t know anything about that poll specifically, but I am worried. In 2016 we blew off a lot of warning signs and were super confident about the result.

I don’t know anything about that poll specifically, but I am worried. In 2016 we blew off a lot of warning signs and were super confident about the result.

Yep…we’ve proven our collective idiocy more than once.

Republicans…bitch about the deficit…let’s lower taxes and defund the IRS…because logic!

Back