• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IRS "loses" Lois Lerner e-mails from illegal targeting scandal

Because somehow it's wrong to suggest groups affiliated with the Taxed Enough Already party may be trying to avoid paying taxes.

The main job of the IRS is to get people to pay their dues for living in the US. Why wouldn't they take a closer look at groups set up specifically to get out of paying their dues?

"Dues" are a poor analogy when less than half the "club" actually pays.

^ So you'd agree that a little more skin in the game would be better for them. I mean its the right answer for the poor, right?

So this whole controversy is about groups jhmd thinks should pay taxes.

Not too many 'Learners' out here...regardless of stripe, this bitch has cooked the books and is straight up a God Damn criminal. Where her orders came from is of much more interest.

Stinks like Dicky Nixon, it do.

Last edited:
Lois Lerner is a "crook" and you are a rank ideologue and worse, a complete hypocrite who is unwilling to look your own brand of lies in the eye.

^ that is truly the source of dysfunction in our politics...the blind adherence of followers of both parties and their lack of will to critically address the messes they make..."just win,baby!"

A fine mantra for party operatives...not so much for a democratic electorate.

You can go back to the closet now...MSNBC awaits. As for the R's...well, they can shout their ignorance from the rooftops because the ratings "tell me so".

If they have evidence she broke the law, then indict her. Just yelling "she's a crock" is as meaningless as most of the nonsense you post

She's a mid-level bureaucrat. No reason she would be politically protected from prosecution.

Last edited:
The reality is they have had multiple people testify and none link her to anything. The person in charge of this non-scandal (who described himself as a life-long conservative Republican) has testified under oath how and why he did what he did. He said that is was his idea and no one above knew about it.

The other reality is not a single conservative group failed to get approved.

Only total morons think anything happened here.

Read this and tell me that the IRS shouldn't have taken a closer look at Tea Party PACs.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/tea-party-pacs-ideas-death-214164

[h=1]How We Killed the Tea Party[/h] Greedy super PACs drained the movement with endless pleas for money to support “conservative” candidates—while instead using the money to enrich themselves. I should know. I worked for one of them.

Is this the "We didn't do it, but we're sure glad we did" part of the apology?

Maybe the Tea Party should have set up a private foundation and had their husband raise money from the Russians while they considered approving Russia's application to purchase substantial domestic uranium reserves (Spoiler: approved!). But tell me again how an overgrown ruritan club needs the fifth degree from the IRS.

Last edited:
Is this the "We didn't do it, but we're sure glad we did" part of the apology?

Maybe the Tea Party should have set up a private foundation and had their husband raise money from the Russians while they considered approving Russia's application to purchase substantial domestic uranium reserves (Spoiler: approved!). But tell me again how an overgrown ruritan club needs the fifth degree from the IRS.

Wanna set up a PAC and milk the rubes? If Vernon can rake in over $200k, think what we could do.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-05%20at%2012.29.43%20AM.png

I'm curious what that graph is supposed to represent. The accusation was that the IRS illegally targeted conservative groups. That chart tells me that there are political groups out there capable of naming their group without using the words "Tea Party", "9/12", and "Patriots".

Back