• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it homophobic to call something gay?

Patrick Burke (president of You Can Play, which promotes acceptance in sports) calls it "casual homophobia."

You Can Play: Behind Patrick Burke’s bold effort using NHL players to fight homophobia in hockey

I read something great about the Native American names used for sports teams recently that I thought was great, and included varied opinions from Native American readers, but I can't for the life of me find it. But, at the very least, the name "Redskins" seems awful to me.

Also, I :heart: ITK.

I mean, St Johns lost the name "redmen" to be PC and that wasn't even about Injuns while fuckstick cancer boy and the asshats don't even recognize the offense of "redskins"

What about when an actual gay person calls something gay?

as a person that's 1/16th native american your use of "the tribe" greatly offends me.

My comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but since you saw yourself in it I'll respond. When I'm around my gay friends or black friends (or friends of any other ethnic or social group), I'm normally singing karaoke or playing basketball or watching sports or listening to music. Doing something actually fun, rather than talking about which words may or may not be offensive. But then again, talking about feelings may be your idea of fun. If so, more power to you.

Hmmm...

Back