• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time to retire the motorcycle into ?

Is it time to retire the motorcycle during the starting line up?

• Yes

Votes: 77 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anything that pisses off K should be kept. In fact, it should be revved up outside his locker room for thirty minutes before the game and during halftime.

And K isn’t the only opposing coach that hates it. Opposing fans hate it too. Forbes will quickly get us back to a situation where opposing fans hate our players, and I want them to hate the whole Joel experience (which includes the motorcycle).

Maybe we could pump some exhaust into the other locker room.

Keep it for football.

Can it for basketball*.

*Bring it out when we host Duke just because it pisses K off. Rev it multiple times in front of Duke bench during said introductions.

This

I still like it but maybe Forbes can come up with something better.

Motorcycle is dumb and obnoxious when we suck.

Motorcycle is badass and awesome when we're good.

Easy solution here.

I think I would still be all into the motorcycle and tie dyes intro if we hadn't sucked so bad for an entire decade. Like if we had kept up our level of play that we had from 1990-2010, where we were either middle of the pack and competitive or competing for the top of the conference, I would still love it. But after 10 years of sucking, those intros just felt embarrassing every time. So now I associate them more with that "why the fuck are we doing all this when we all know we are terrible" feeling rather than the feeling I had when Skip and Dino were coaching.

I think it'd be great if we could start this new era with a new kind of intro, something that is still unique to Wake but different.

totally agree except i don't lump the motorcycle into that -- probably because of football.

I actually like the idea of bringing it out 1-2x per year for big games. Would be a great way to fire up the crowd to roll it out as a surprise.

In terms of basketball pregame stuff, I think WF should invest in the court projection technology that a lot of pro (and some college) teams use. Can incorporate the motorcycle into it if wanted, or find something else for the Deacon to do. But just make sure that the used car inflatable men neve return.

Think of a WF version of this:

Could even use something like the intro section of Hell's Bells (basically the bells part or so) before transitioning to something else

Last edited:
I actually like the idea of bringing it out 1-2x per year for big games. Would be a great way to fire up the crowd to roll it out as a surprise.

Remember when the Deacon rappelled from the ceiling a few times? That was cool.

I amuse myself by thinking of the guy ( or girl) who is inside the deacon suit having to take motorcycle lessons in the off season so they don’t stall out at mid court or the fifty yard line. I have no idea if that is true but I like to think so.

I amuse myself by thinking of the guy ( or girl) who is inside the deacon suit having to take motorcycle lessons in the off season so they don’t stall out at mid court or the fifty yard line. I have no idea if that is true but I like to think so.
I assume it's the same for basketball but in football the person in the Deacon suit is not one of the student mascots but rather the owner of the motorcycle (and motorcycle dealer as well, I think).

This would be cool to incorporate the angry motorcycle riding deacon from the football intro 2 season ago.I thought that video was awesome.

The motorcycle entrance seems tame. Now, if the Deacon entered the field or court doing a wheelie, did spin outs in front of the opponents bench and exited with a wheelie...that might change my opinion.

This would be cool to incorporate the angry motorcycle riding deacon from the football intro 2 season ago.I thought that video was awesome.

sorta serious question -- with this work on a parquet floor?

Back