• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Moore transferring?

Maybe Danny just thinks SJM is better---doesn't mean Moore is in the doghouse. Perhaps semantics, but it was pretty clear SJM surpassed him in the mind of Manning.

Kind of odd for that to happen in the NCAA tourney for the first time all season.

Doral and Sam could become a really good pair in the paint D next season. Just their size and shotblocking could make the D better.

Before someone says, "why didn't they do that this year", I'll answer it. Having one of them in with JC would have greatly limited JC's offense. By them being in the low post, JC would have had a lot less space to operate.

Too small a sample size for that declaration. We do know that Moore racked up 8 fouls in 7 minutes over the last two regular season games. That's why I think it was primarily an issue of having a body in there that won't foul.

I think both ideas are true...Sam was in because of Doral's fouling issues, completely agree. But I do know that inside the staff they are very high on Sam.

I love Moore and I think he's been a fan favorite for lots of us - but I really don't see how anyone can argue he was better this year than last year. (ETA - outside of just stamina)

Sam seemed lost most of the time but never got in any rhythm during conference play due to virtually no minutes. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the staff project him to be higher on the depth chart next year than Moore. Even then I hope to see Moore stay and develop into a visser-level player (or so) in a couple years).

Last edited:
If JC goes, Doral and Sam would be a great tag team duo like Dusty Rhodes and Rick Flair.

Also, he would be crazy to turn down the opportunity to be developed by the best. Remember the BC game his freshman year. That was a window to the future.

Trying to insert some optimism here. I know it's hard for Wake fans to be optimistic.

Hope we have all out bigs next year. If JC were to stay, I could see Moore worrying about getting minutes as an upperclassmen. If JC leaves, he'll get plenty of opportunity.

Back