• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Moore transferring?

The point is that he is likely being told by those around him that he deserves more pt and is better than he actually is. I didn't see the video or noticed him on the sidelines tonight but if he was pouting, that is a joke.

Ty Walker syndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't include the BC game last year. That team was literally a high school roster. He had a few more positive flashes last year, but in aggregate, it's been pretty much disappointment throughout his time here.
They were better defensively last year per kenpom than this year. He was dominant in that game. I disagree that he was a disappointment last year. I thought he showed plenty as a frosh big man. He has regressed.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

In a 5 game stretch late last year against Pitt, NCSU, BC and ND & VT, playing 70 total minutes he had 48 points, 32 rebounds and 11 blocks.

Yes, he looked much better last year.
It's more like 2 games where he played 20m each (BC and ND) and scored 32 pts with 15 rebounds and 6 blocks....and JC didn't play a lot because he was in foul trouble. Even then, he only played in 4-5 min stretches because he was gassed. He's better conditioned but outside of those 2 games, he's played about the same.

It's more like 2 games where he played 20m each (BC and ND) and scored 32 pts with 15 rebounds and 6 blocks....and JC didn't play a lot because he was in foul trouble. Even then, he only played in 4-5 min stretches because he was gassed. He's better conditioned but outside of those 2 games, he's played about the same.
In the two games before that he had 8 pts 7 boards and 2 blocks against state in 9 min and 6/5/2 against Pitt in 13. He had hardly any games all year this year with that kind of production.

In the two games before that he had 8 pts 7 boards and 2 blocks against state in 9 min and 6/5/2 against Pitt in 13. He had hardly any games all year this year with that kind of production.
Probably because he wasn't on the floor as much this year since he subbed for JC and JC wasn't in foul trouble. But that's kind of moot, Moore got gassed quickly last year...not so much this year. I would call that an improvement.

Probably because he wasn't on the floor as much this year since he subbed for JC and JC wasn't in foul trouble. But that's kind of moot, Moore got gassed quickly last year...not so much this year. I would call that an improvement.
He was on the floor more this year.

If he can make a jump between sophomore and junior year in conditioning and skill set, I absolutely want him on the team. If he's unhappy and thinking about transferring, he's gotta do what is best for him. With that said, if it's going to be the same that we have gotten for the past two years, flashes here or there but unrealized potential, I would rather have the scholarship.

I love it that, following a stupid post from a stupid poster, a bunch of posters have speculated that Moore might have pouted on the bench last game and/or since he was benched, has been told by confidantes that he deserves more playing time and buys into it, and - for this reason - has "Ty Walker syndrome."

I mean, seriously. This has happened.

I love it that, following a stupid post from a stupid poster, a bunch of posters have speculated that Moore might have pouted on the bench last game and/or since he was benched, has been told by confidantes that he deserves more playing time and buys into it, and - for this reason - has "Ty Walker syndrome."

I mean, seriously. This has happened.

Agreed. My post was highly hypothetical. I hope he figures things out and makes a big jump in the offseason for us because he could be a beast. Hoping the same for SJM.

as an even Huger Deac Fan, i hope ALL of our players get better next year

Why would Moore transfer now when he is a our projected starting C next season?

Moore was in the doghouse for one reason or another. If it were purely a game reason, it had to be his recent high foul (fouling?) risk. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I don't think he's gone, I just think he wasn't right for the matchups.

Considering our roster and recruiting outlook, I sincerely doubt that Manning is pushing him out. We need him, warts and all.

Moore was in the doghouse for one reason or another. If it were purely a game reason, it had to be his recent high foul (fouling?) risk. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I don't think he's gone, I just think he wasn't right for the matchups.

Maybe Danny just thinks SJM is better---doesn't mean Moore is in the doghouse. Perhaps semantics, but it was pretty clear SJM surpassed him in the mind of Manning.

Maybe Danny just thinks SJM is better---doesn't mean Moore is in the doghouse. Perhaps semantics, but it was pretty clear SJM surpassed him in the mind of Manning.

Too small a sample size for that declaration. We do know that Moore racked up 8 fouls in 7 minutes over the last two regular season games. That's why I think it was primarily an issue of having a body in there that won't foul.

Doral is in line for as many minutes as he can possibly handle.

That seemed to happen about 2 months ago as well, but then Doral got back up on the depth chart.

You can see that Doral doesn't quite have the mental edge he needs right now. Sam seems quite the opposite and really gets the game. I think playing Sam over Doral is Danny telling Doral to pay attention more and focus on the game.

Completely different players obviously, but I'm still hopeful that Doral can have a Jeff Withey-like development under Manning. Withey was a total non-factor his freshman/sophomore years (granted he was playing behind the Morris twins), had a solid junior season, and then an all-conference senior year, including being named Big 12 DPOY.

Back