• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is the game sold out tonight?

Are people really thinking there will be a lot of Cuse fans there? Are there that many Syracuse transplants in the Triad?
Maybe a lot of neutrals who want to see Syracuse play...

Are people really thinking there will be a lot of Cuse fans there? Are there that many Syracuse transplants in the Triad?
A lot of diehards traveling I would think.

To Winston-Salem on a Wednesday night?
The commentators of the Kentucky-LSU game last night mentioned that some Kentucky fans traveled 600 miles right through the winter storm to see them play in Baton Rouge. The fans of the bigger programs are complete nuts. Syracuse fans are basically the entire state of New York. I don't think there will be a ton of Cuse fans, but they'll be represented respectably in the upper bowl I think.

I'm expecting pretty close to what Indiana brought a few years back

A lot of diehards traveling I would think.

My guess is a relative handful.

My guess is several hundred.

A first-time visit from a Goliath historical power program, coached by a HOF'er, undefeated and ranked #2 versus a rising from the ashes bunch of young Deacs that are hustling/scraping group.

Well, as a man once said to Goliath.... " I hope you brought you lunch....your gonna need it ! "

GO DEACS !

The commentators of the Kentucky-LSU game last night mentioned that some Kentucky fans traveled 600 miles right through the winter storm to see them play in Baton Rouge. The fans of the bigger programs are complete nuts. Syracuse fans are basically the entire state of New York. I don't think there will be a ton of Cuse fans, but they'll be represented respectably in the upper bowl I think.

I can buy "represented respectfully in the upper bowl." That's pretty different than was suggested earlier in the thread.

A "sellout" doesn't mean much the way sports programs report that these days. Sellout doesn't tell you anything about how many people are actually there. Attendance figures are pointless.

Wake Forest Sports ‏@DemonDeacons 16m
Students, shuttles to the Joel will start leaving from Lot P by Wait Chapel at 7:30 p.m. Come early - high demand expected @wfucampuslife

Hopefully this isn't botched and we don't see a full student section until 9:30.

They seem to be everywhere. A bit like Buffalo sabers fans. No jobs in the rust belt.

Kentucky fans >>>> Syracuse fans (any NCAA basketball fans, really). KU fans are nuts.

They seem to be everywhere. A bit like Buffalo sabers fans. No jobs in the rust belt.

I know several 'Cuse fans here in the Chapel Hill area. All are transplants. And yes, they are going to the game tonight.

A "sellout" doesn't mean much the way sports programs report that these days. Sellout doesn't tell you anything about how many people are actually there. Attendance figures are pointless.

Yeah, but when you announce a "sellout" before the game has even occurred there shouldn't be thousands of tickets for sale on your official website. This isn't the same as announcing a full-house attendance, which we know is made up.

Hopefully Sports Marketing has something in store for us tonight....black t-shirts or something to the like. Any word on yay or nay?

Back